19

CHAPTER 12 (part two)LIKE REAL PEOPLE DO

LIKE REAL PEOPLE DO

- trangessional kisses

Anastasia crouched down taking the underneaths of his no longer unsupported shoulders into her arms and letting his weight fall on her front. Memories of that night resurged her almost comically mirrored visual to the lion king plaguing her mind, and the feeling of helplessness followed.

She dragged his body into the home all while staying on the floor, pulling him onto the red couch in the living room. He didn't remember feeling so limp before. He could hear her faint whimpers of– you'll be alright, sorry.

And when he layed in the warm crimson couch the sight of her and the back light of the fire lighting detail to her stray hairs, he felt ease. No hero or better version of himself had dragged his beaten aweary body in, no an angel.

She took her hands to his pale face. "I'll go wake James."

His limp body became lively again grabbing her hand on his cheek he squeezed it so hard she had to contain the wince.

"No, please not tonight- don't" He looked so vulnerable and his words came out a pleas of a beggar.

"You have to be healed." She argued back though now in a faint whisper.

He covered his eyes in her hand, molding his own into hers, and letting his tears fall. "You can, I know you can, just please, just- I can't right now- just till the morning- I'll, I'll be ready then."

She watched his broken lamb look, and understood. Someone, something even a family, was so perfect that you couldn't face them in your tainted skin and muddled image.

Anastasia got to work, she knew her healing was minuscule in comparison to Euphemia's- James' mother, and her power was unjustified to what Sirius needed. She took off the coat and the blood stained shirt, and his soaked pants, closing her eyes to slide off his boxer, and placing a blanket unto him. Anastasia sat crouched on the floor of the couch level to him with a warm washcloth, washing away the blood. She combed his hair. She looked to be a maid getting a prince ready for presentation.

He watched her face the whole time, confused as to her look of understanding.

"Look at you, the prettiest." She whispered, holding his cheek.

He was so overwhelmed with emotion, her display of pure tender caring was exotic to his mind, overpowering him. And unable to understand his emotions and out of transgression to the little affection he had been given, as if to be a distraction or a thank you or an attempt to ward her off- he kissed her.

It was a long kiss, a sad and understanding one. Lips soft due to the moisture of the two tears. Both of them knew it wasn't one out of passion or romance but as if teenagers attempt to convey the feeling they reciprocated. A platonic makeout sounded comical but a friendly kiss would be unjustified to describe it.

The rest of the night was a deafening feeling of little giggles and gentle hugs. Anastasia took the magazines that sat as pass times on the coffee table for the two to judge celebrities outfits. She remembers taking her time clipping his fingernail, cutting the cuticles, and filling his nail to pass the night. He fell asleep to her holding his hands and she followed soon after her head rested on the red couch and her body curled on the floor.

Authors Note:

Two parts one chapter yaaaay. Hope you like it and aren't mad that I have added two present story kisses and neither have been with Remus and Ana. It's a slow burn 🤷‍♀️. The story is also 25k now so half way to a regular book. I am scared it's gonna end up being crazy long cause we still have end of 5th, 6th and 7th year and the summers plus the prettyyyyy awesome ending which is after graduation.

 I am scared it's gonna end up being crazy long cause we still have end of 5th, 6th and 7th year and the summers plus the prettyyyyy awesome ending which is after graduation

Date Posted: April 26th, 2023