32

CHAPTER 19BOWTRUCKLE ISLAND

CHAPTER 19
BOWTRUCKLE ISLAND

Remus had taken the advice of Frank similar to Lily's months prior. Only this time he would apologize for his unwarranted absence.

By the time Remus had planned his words, exams had started and Remus had failed to find a moment of solitude with Anastasia, unaccompanied by silent classrooms filled with stressed students, common rooms covered with loose paper and messy flashcards, and lunch halls quiet with students scarfing down food before their next practical.

It was May now and OWL's had finished. This Thursday was Kettleburn's favorite day of the school year, the Bowtruckle lesson.

In reality exams had ended and the class had learned about Bowtruckles in the early classes of fifth year. It was more so a field trip.

On the most sunny day of the  last few classes of Care for Magical Creatures Kettleburn would have the much larger students go in the little boats taken by first years on their first day at Hogwarts to a island in the middle of the great lake known as Bowtruckle island. With the purpose of having the student try to catch the green stick figure harmless hand sized creatures.

The island was runty with maybe ten cottonwood trees, and thick grass with tall shrubs, prickly vines covering it all. The island had a small beach clear of over grown nature, just brown sand and wet rocks.

Remus had decided this would be the most fit place to make things right with Anastasia. They were on a small Island so he had little excuse to run away and Ana would have little excuse not to listen.

"Mmm write that the bowtruckle sliced my finger and climbed up the trees out of reach. Thats excuse enough." Anastasia said leaning over to trace patterns into the murky water of the great lake.

Anastasia had decided the act of catching the stick creatures was not worth ivy rashes, and scraped from sharp wilderness, and opted to bask in the sun on the veiled away beach on the north end of the island. Remus had followed her figuring there was no point in trying to catch creatures that would hate him.

Remus sat on the sand with his pants rolled up and knees bent to hold his notebook, writing observations for Ana and himself. Kettleburn had ordered all the students to write in reflections of their sights in their notebooks

The accounts would add nothing towards the students final grades. But Remus complied as the scholarly boy he was, and Anastasia waded in the water of the great lake standing on slippery rocks and cool water up the start of her knees.

Anastasia turning around to face Remus giggling. "No. No say that we had caught one, but the giant squid came and took it with one of its tentacl-"

"I'm sorry I kissed you." Remus had stood leaving the notebook by the two's robes, socks, and shoes. His feet just barely touched by the murky water.

Anastasia paused, looking down, pursing her lip before letting out a callow smile. "I'm actually quite honored I was one of the friends you choose to kiss in your luck run."

She looked up with a smirk. "Though you do have to tell me who has better lips, me or James."Remus smiled, taking a second to respond, not out of contemplation but shock of realizing his month of spiraling was ungrounded when it came to the sweet Anastasia, moving further into the water, letting all his unreasonable worries go. "You! Definitely."

"Liar. Your just saying that cause you're too nice." Anastasia bit her lip, swaying in the water, watching Remus.

"No I'm not I could be very mean." Remus whispered with no conviction.

Anastasia let out a small laugh, so Remus continued eagerly to make her laugh more. "Be honest was I your best kiss?"

Authors Note:
OMFG 3k READS that's so insane and hitting #3 on #remus is so crazy. It makes me so happy to see people reading my work and hopefully like it. I would be surprised to see one notification regarding Seven in two weeks but just this week alone I have seen y'all interacting so much with the story and it just makes me so happy.

Thank you so much!!!

Date posted: August 7th, 2023