58

CHAPTER 29 (2/3)

He was rested on the brick backing of the fireplace, where Ana happily pushed through the dancing crowd to reach

"Remus." Ana stood in front of him, leaning forward to look up at him.

"Anastasia." They both regarded each other.

Ana drank in Remus's costume. The cowboy's hat shading his face, a red bandana loosely tied on his neck, which was the only thing adding coverage to his chest. the billowy red shirt had maybe three buttons done. She could she the white lines of scars embroidering him, and his hip bone jutted out to be hanger the shirts end, showing peaks of a happy trail.

Ana could practically feel her pupils dilating. She breathed out an account to his look. "Cowboy."

"Yeah. You like it?" Remus nodding, almost smirking. For a second, he thought he'd seen the cherub checking him out.

His pants hung low on him despite the thick leather belt. The well-worn brown leather vest widened his shoulders and adorned fringe along the seams. He'd somehow managed to find chaps, but stuck to his thick combats boots.

"Yes." Ana said, a little breathy, like she had just seen her first playboy. "Fun. American."

"Mmm Angel." Remus' crooked smile came out, looking at her costume.

"What?" Ana squeaked out. She had forgotten what she was wearing hearing the mistaken pet name.

"You're an angel." Remus continued too invaded by thoughts of her outfit to hear himself.

Ana was thankful for the mood strobe lights. If they weren't assaulting everyone's eyes, she would have been caught bursting into flames of sin, hearing him say those words.

Remembering the context, she gracefully responded. "Yeah sexy angel."

She did a little spin around, almost tripping over her shiny white gogo boots. The white mini skirt displayed her long legs, and a lacy slip night grown had been cut into a shirt. Little wings were on her back and small braids littered her blonde hair.

"So no heaven?" Remus asked.

Before Ana could respond the pickup line of a comment, the song changed to a well loved tune, and shouts of please for the record choice sprang from the rat tangle of a dance circle.

Remus watched Ana squeal in delight. He leaned forward, his mouth close to her ear, so she could hear him. "You know I don't really care for Elton."

Ana took her eyes off the crowd, gasping. "Darling How?!"

Remus shrugged. "Don't know."

"You've obviously never danced to it."