26

CHAPTER 15 (part 3/3)THE GIRLS (+remus i guess)

THE GIRLS
(+remus i guess)

"Whats taking you so long, Lils? Writing him a poem or something?" Marlene jokes, getting antsy blowing on her wet fingernails.

Anastasia leaned over Remus' thighs to get a better look at Lily's work. "Actually looks like she is."

"I am not. Remus will like it," Lily said, putting down the marker.

-

"I have love in me, the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

-

Remus read the quote from Frankenstein with a frown. Of course, he loved the quote. How could he not, but she knew? How could she pick this quote out of them for him and not know?

He looked back into the ginger's eyes, and the reassuring smile on her face. He watched wearily, hopeful she would say something, to teeter the terror in his mind that she had put it together, but nothing.

"Yeah, yeah, I like it." He whispered and in the back of his mind he knew the smart had put it together, but because she didn't confirm verbally, he choose believe it was a mere coincidence. That the girl merely wrote a quote from one of his favorite stories.

Mary went next, drawing a depiction of what looked to be a stick figure, Remus beating up the whomping willow, with big boxing gloves on his arms.

After Peter had let it slip that Remus was in the hospital wing, Anastasia practically yelled at James, demanding he tell her how he ended up there. James knew the second they saw his bandaged arm, the lie he had used so often of a mere fever wouldn't work. He ended up saying Remus got too close to the whomping willow and was embarrassingly cut up by it.

Remus felt lucky he was put in a house where most of the students skipped at least five classes a month, so his usual excuse for missing afternoon classes the day of and skipping almost all of his classes the day after went unnoticed. He felt pricks of anxiety when he knew he shared all of his classes with Anastasia, thinking she was so smart she might see a pattern.

To Anastasia, his timely sickness made sense. She could recall in her childhood him being bed ridden by sickness often. Though she never knew the boy was not bedridden to him dorm of sickness but to one of Madam Pomfrey's cots.

Alice went next, drawing her name with big swirls in all the letters and dainty smiley face at the end before pulling back with a smile moving back to continue her school work.

"Your name Alice!" Marlene scolds the mousy haired girl at her boring use of space on Remus' canvas.

"What?" Alice hands the marker to Marlene. "It's what Lily said they do."