Chapter Three: Part In The Clouds

It was a bright Wednesday morning. Anne had messily thrown her hair up into a pony, wearing a sling bag around her shoulder and a vexed expression, she rushed around her dorm for something she misplaced.

"Where in the hell-" Anne cursed to herself. "Marce!"

"Whaaaaaat," down the hall of their dorm a girl groaned from her bedroom, still cozily wrapped up in her bed.

"I can't find my journalism notes-" Anne shuffled between a stack of papers in their small kitchen area.

"Tv table," Marcy mumbled.

Anne glanced over to a small table in front of their couch. Her notebook lay on the floor, fallen over from whatever her dorm mate had been doing the night before. A miniature lego set currently being built lay sprawled along the surface, being left temporarily due to sleep deprivation.

Marcy didn't have a class until later this afternoon, so she took it upon herself to stay up late starting a new lego set the night before, that way she could sleep in.

Normally, Marcy made sure the dorm was clean and well kept. She was somewhat a stickler for organization, Anne, however, was prone to being chaotic and messy. Glancing at the lego set alone, each group of parts were separated by color and type, all aligned in neat rows.

"Thanks!" Anne called, peeking her head into Marcy's room. "Hey, your Isle of Avalor set looks cool so far," she added.

"Mmmh," Marcy turned in her bed. "You're gonna be late," her friend reminded.

"Right-" Anne lightly smacked her own face. "Thanks again!" She hurried out the door.

The newsletter committee periodically gathered at least three times a month, sometimes less, sometimes more. It depended on the events going on during the month. For the month of October the committee agreed on prioritizing the Fall Formal, Autumn Madrigals and of course, the Lady Warriors and their big game against the South Angelwood Barbarians.

Anne jogged across the dormitory courtyard, arriving at the north wing of the university. She trotted down every hall before coming to a door with a sign that read "Room 107".

"I'm sorry," Anne breathed wearily. "I couldn't-"

Looking up, she saw no one.

"What-" Anne poked her head into the quiet room.

"You're looking for the newsletter people?" A girl happened to pass by, noticing Anne's confusion.

"Sam, yes, where is everyone? I can't be that late," Anne asked.

"I thought you knew, I mean they announced it earlier this week. News comm meeting got moved to this weekend," she informed.

Anne facepalmed herself. "Right, I forgot Kenz already told me that."

Sam giggled. "Hey, more time to help us, right?"

"Yea, 'course."

"I'll c'ya later today then," the girl waved and disappeared down another corner.

Anne dragged her hand down her face. Sam Normandy was a short, red haired girl performing in the Autumn Madrigals. A small girl with a big personality and an even bigger voice. She was a talented singer and devoted that talent to theatrics. Anne agreed to help the Madrigals set up this afternoon, their first performance was later tonight.

Anne sighed, glancing toward the empty room. Her morning was practically free now, she wouldnt have to be in the auditorium until 3PM. She went through things in her head she still had to do, thinking she could knock out some task before then, but when opening her phone, her eyes fell on Sasha's contact and the last text they shared on Monday.