Chapter Ten: Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

Content Warning: A scene in this chapter may make some readers uncomfortable. Read to your own discretion.

(I would like to iterate that nothing gory or unbelievably terrible happens here, just that unconsensual touching may trigger some people.)

-

Tock tock tock. Tock tock.

Anne heard a familiar, rhythmic knock from the bathroom as she tied up her hair. Marcy answered the door.

"Hey Marcy-"

Tunk.

The door immediately shut before the person outside had time to speak. The same knock repeated. Anne heard her roommate open the door a second time with an irritable huff.

"Uh, hi? You are Marcy, right? It's me, Sasha?" From the reflection in the bathroom mirror, Anne caught Sasha dipping her head to glance inside the dorm. "Anne here?"

Tunk.

Marcy shut the door a second time, cutting off the rest of Sasha's question and then returned to their room.

"Marcy," Anne grumbled, facepalming herself. Anne swung open the door finding Sasha standing completely dumbfounded.

"Uh, is your dorm mate okay?"

"They're mad at me right now," Anne dragged her hand down her face.

"Oh, me and Mags are like that sometimes but we always make up," Sasha slipped her hands into her pockets. "I like the hair."

"Oh, thanks, I was experimenting," Anne swept her hand through her curls. She had it sectioned and pulled taught on both sides of her head with yellow ties, letting it fall behind the ears, two loose frontal strands framed the rest of her face. "I normally have my hair down or tied in a pony, this is just something I wanted to try." The rest of her outfit was very yellow-coded: a cozy sweater with a scalloped neckline and a dark pair of jeans was her best college dorm party attire. Something cute but also casual.

"It suits you," Sasha smiled. She herself had her hair up, tied in a simple ponytail to show off the design shaved into her undercut. Comfortable, loose fitted cargo pants and a simple halter top all in black finished her look. Anne tried her hardest not to completely melt into jello, but the vine-like tattoo now visible along her collar bones made it hard. "C'mon, Josie and Claire are actually a few floors above," she gestured and stepped down the hall, revealing another larger tattoo of flaming wings along her back when she turned.

Anne went to shut her dorm door, trying to calm herself with a slow, deep breath. Listening to the distinctive noise of the lock when it shut, she turned back, trailing Sasha to meet her side.

She hadn't told Marcy where she was headed or why, but knowing Marcy, they already knew.

"So you said you go to the Fall Formal every year, you have an outfit yet?" Sasha chatted.

"Not at all," Anne shook her head. "I dont even know if Im going this year anymore."

"I mean I know Warrior is a pretty unique theme, but it doesnt mean you have to follow it," Sasha suggested. "I still can't believe we had a theme that wasnt Halloween for once. Whoever runs StuCo right now knows what theyre doing."

"It's not the outfit thats the issue. Though, I think that adds to it," Anne sighed, the dilemma with Marcy looming in the back of her mind.

"If it makes you feel better, I only have a vague idea for mine. I don't even know if all the pieces to the whole thing are gonna look good together. I'm super curious to see everyone elses fits though, especially the fashion majors."