Chapter Twelve: Wings

It was currently Wednesday: newsletter revision day.

Anne was trotting down a hallway, looking over several texts before her meeting.

A group chat Erick created with Sam and herself was open, and scrolling through, she saw the work Erick had done was astounding.

Loving them shoulder pads 💕 Sam replied to an outfit Erick sent them last night. He gave the appearance of a studded prince. She could tell from the designs and gold markings that he took light inspiration from mariachi, an interesting nod to his culture.

Scrolling down, she noticed Erick sent another photo.

Oh, and Anne! I just finished up the bottom hemline of your dress
You like?

Anne smiled wide and had to contain a squeal, shooting back a gracious response.

Before she knew it she arrived at her destination.

Written in a plain, black, serif font imprinted on a wooden plaque was 'Room 107'. Anne approached the door, mentally preparing herself for the shame she'd feel from her fellow committee members' disappointing looks and stares.

Dont worry and dont stress over the article, we have it all sorted out now. Was what Kenzie texted her yesterday. She didn't quite understand what she'd meant, and she hadn't had the time to go over the masterfile herself, but hopefully today she'd get her answers.

Creaking the door open, she saw Paige, Stephan and Kendall already inside. It was odd not seeing Kenzie around, since she was normally the first one here for these things.

"Uh, hi" Anne smiled meekly.

"Hey Anne, we heard about your dilemma," Kendall spoke gently.

"But! Don't worry, we have it all covered," Paige beamed, clasping her hands together firmly.

"Really?"

Everyone present seemed to pinpoint their eyes to Stephan. The boy leant his weight on the main table, arms snugly crossed. He swiveled his head at everyone in surprise, then blew a sigh.

"Well, at first everyone thought I'd be the best candidate to help out with the quotes," Stephan started. "Being in football, I and a few of my buddies are close with some of the Lady Warriors so it was a promising start."

"...And?" Anne asked in anxious anticipation.

"Well, surprisingly, we didn't have a lot to do."

Anne's expression turned to one of mixed confusion and curiosity.

"Here," Kendall pulled up the masterfile of the October newsletter on her own laptop, scrolling through the pages until they arrived at Anne's section. "Take a look."

Looking through her work, her written article had barely been touched, but a new section now replaced an old portion. Instead of Sasha's quote and two blank boxes for Josie and Claire's, fourteen other listed players now replaced them.

"Woah," Anne breathed, scanning through every player. "You did all this?" She looked at all of them in both astonishment and gratitude.

"Actually, not us alone, we got some help," Stephan replied.

"By who? Kenz?"

"Uhhh," Stephan scratched his neck, glancing back at Paige, who subtly shook her head and mouthed a silent no. "Well-"

"Someone who just wanted to help!" Paige quickly interrupted his answer, leaning on his shoulder. "The guy's team came in clutch, ahah."

Anne glanced back down at the newsletter. Of all the photos, she didn't see Sasha or Josie, but did see Claire and interestingly, Trina. A few of the other girls she recognized, but as usual, didn't know personally. However, for not ever interacting with many of them, most Anne held a positive bias for. Not only that, but some were seasoned veterans, while others were fresh newbies. All these players had been hand picked.