01

Third POV

You had faked your death by jumping down a cliff and by putting a goodbye note at the tree trunk, even though you know that it'll hurt but it'll eventually heal because of your ability.

You had survived, with injuries that would take a few weeks to heal... And you were free. But... If you were free, why did you feel an intense sense of panic and sadness? Did you really mean nothing to them? To your colleagues.. To your friend, Dazai? No... You couldn't be having such thoughts! You pushed them out of your mind. You kept walking until you reached a little town, where you stopped for the night and rented the cheapest place you could find.. What will your future bring?

In the inn you worked to change your looks, you cut your hair into a shoulder length, put contact lenses in the eyes and you smile in success as you couldn't recognize your own self anymore.

You spent a year in the town, living on the bare minimum, changing your name and making new contacts. You slowly started building a new life, without the mafia, without Dazai and Chuuya. You just tried to get a fresh start, working your way up.. A regular, peaceful life... A happy life without criminals. But it was hard. In the back of your mind there was still that feeling of doubt and guilt... But you chose to ignore it. Until one day... Your past caught up with you... You started getting threats from the Port Mafia.. What should you do?

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺