07

This is what you chose... You left the only two people who cared about you for your own selfish reasons... What now?

The next day, you walked out of your house with the heavy feeling still in your chest, and your appearance looked like a mess.

When you entered the office, it was quite late and it was unusual for you to be late. "Y/n... Are you feeling alright?" Yosano asked as you looked up at her and nod. "Yeah, I just woke up in a wrong side of the bed." You replied, a pretty bad lie that you came up, as you chuckled.

"You've been crying weren't you Y/n?" Ranpo said as he pointed at your puffy eyes. "Am I really that obvious?" You questioned, Ranpo shook his head. "Well... If you hadn't have that puffy eyes then no." Ranpo bluntly stated.

"Ranpo!" Yosano exclaimed making Ranpo pout. "It's true though!" You chuckled at their arguments. "I'm fine guys. Don't worry I'll get over it." You assured them.

"What exactly happened Y/n? You know we can help you with it." Yosano stated, you couldn't help but felt guilty for not telling them but you don't want to burden them too.

"If your thinking about being a burden to us, then your not." Ranpo hopped down from his desk and slammed his hands down to your table. "We're ready to help you any time." Yosano nod with a smile.

Your eyes shined in happiness as you cried. "Ahh!! Yosano! What did I do?!" Ranpo panicked but Yosano just shrug. Again, you chuckled at them and wiped your tears. "Thanks guys, but really I'm okay, it's just my past is what I'm remembering." You told them, it's not technically a lie since it is the real reason why you are crying.

Did you regret leaving the mafia?

No.... Because you meet wonderful people in your life and a job that won't make you a killing machine.

But at what cost, you leave your friends behind... You leave Dazai and Chuuya behind... You are the cause of their misery.

That's what you regret... You regret leaving them behind... And you almost even forgot about them! What kind of friend is that?!

Your heart ached when you see those people who you cherished suffer because of your own selfishness.

Do you want to go back?

No... Because if you do, Mori will just kill you on the spot and you don't want to die yet... You don't want to die in just a miserable state.

You want everyone to be happy, and you want to fix all your mistakes, that's why you run away. But you couldn't bring the courage to explain it all to Dazai and Chuuya because you are afraid of they will hate you.

'Dazai... Chuuya... Please forgive me from what I have done... I didn't mean to leave you...' You internally said, even though you said to Ranpo and Yosana that you are fine, the two could clearly see that you are not.

The two would do anything just to make you feel better, since they see the hurt in your eyes, they already thought of you as their sister and they would do anything for you just to protect you.

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺