If we have each other (Part 3 of a series)

TW: Krus gets drunk in the beginning, there's a small mention of v0m!t and a small scene where Krus throws up and slight self-h@rm.

Ruv, Essie, and Affie were currently in the attic, sitting on the slightly dusty and worn out couch.

"So, what you're saying is that you want me and Affie to sing a song from you for dedushka?" Essie asked.

"Basically." Ruv answered.

"I'm fine with it." Essie said with a smile. "In fact, I'm glad that you're starting to care about your father just as much as we do."

"I'm okay with that as well." Affie said.

***

Later that day, in the living room, Ruv was walking towards the stairs, carrying an !nt0x!c@t3d Krus.

"I'm not drvvvvvvvnk..." Krus, who looked like he could pass out any minute, slurred out.

"Uh huh." Ruv said, clearly not buying it.

"I'm nooooot. I swear to [gosh], I'm not..."

"If you were sober, you wouldn't have used the Lord's name in vain." Essie pointed out.

"According to Athena, the last time you said that, you v0m!t3d all over babushka's shoes." Affie said as a gold, glowing insignia of an owl was briefly imprinted on her neck before fading.

"That was one ti- BLEGH!" Before he could finish, he projectile v0m!t3d and it landed on Melody and Penelope, who had just finished binging another season of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and were walking down the stairs, making the two grade schoolers freeze and tense up.

Krus then cussed under his breath. "Sorry."

"It's okay, praded." Melody and Penelope said as Ruv carried Krus up the stairs.

"Sorry you had to witness that, girls." Affie said. "Was there anything you needed?"

"We wanted to get a snack." Melody said.

"The both of you take a shower; I'll prepare something for you." Essie said. "Bread with Nutella?"

"Yes, please." Penelope and Melody said in unison before going to take a shower. (This ain't based on me, I swear-)

Essie chuckled. "Alright."

Affie took out her phone. "I'll call mom and babushka."

***

A week later, Krus, Ruv, Essie, Affie, Melody, Penelope, and Athena were sitting in a table in the corner of a café.

"Why exactly did you invite me and Ruvyzvat here when the five of you could've gone here by yourselves?" Krus asked, turning to Essie and Affie.

Ruv cringed at his father calling him by his full name. He [funked] up big time, and there was definitely not going to be an easy way to make it up to him.

"Because why not?" Affie replied.

Athena looked at Krus sympathetically as he continued to eat after that, lost in thought.

"For our next performance we have Essie and Affie." Essie and Affie stood up and walked to the stage, the latter with her guitar in hand, as the announcer called their names.

"Hello, everyone." Essie said.

"Tonight, we're going to sing 'If We Have Each Other' by Alec Benjamin." Affie said. "Each slightly rewritten verse and chorus in this song is dedicated to, in order, our daughters, our parents, and as for the last verse and chorus, you'll find out who that's dedicated to when we get to that part."