Astral Projection

CW: V0m!t!ng, bl00d

TW: Self-h@rm, self-h@t3, mentions of attempted [sewerslide], t0x!c and @bv$!v3 relationships, and internalized $3x!$m.

It was midnight in Paxos island, and everyone in said island were asleep. Well, almost everyone.

Essie, Affie, and a woman with dark brown hair and green eyes wearing a pastel blue off-shoulder dress with long, bell sleeves that were so long that her manicured hands couldn't be seen unless she raised them and a silver, wheat-shaped headband who went by the name Circe stood in a secluded area of this Greek island.

"The trick to doing astral projection correctly and pulling it off without error, is to close your eyes and really think where you want to be." Circe said. "This is why the first thing I taught you when I started mentoring you two was meditation and focus. With focus and hard work, you can even go as far as back to your home in Philly, which is 8214.77 km from here. Now, who wants to try first?"

"I will." Affie said, immediately knowing where she wanted to go.

"Alright." Affie took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Once she opened them, she was immediately in the living room of her house.

She first went upstairs to her parents' room, where both parties were sound asleep. The slumbering Sarv immediately rolled off her husband's arms and was about to fall off the bed, only for an unconscious Ruv to catch his wife and pull her back into his arms before she could.

Affie let out a quiet sigh of relief as her eyes trailed to the clock on the nightstand.

11:30pm

'Who knew it took 30 minutes to astral project to the place of your choice.' The golden-haired demoness thought to herself.

She then walked out of her parents' room before going to her brother's room, where the sound asleep Selever could be seen spooning the slumbering Penelope and Melody. Due to her and Essie being in Greece, they couldn't sleep with their daughters like they always do so her brother eagerly let them sleep with him instead.

Her lips twitched into a small smile, and she wished she had her phone or maybe loom with her. She wasn't as proficient at using it as her other mentor, Athena, was, but she still had some decent skill with it and she would love to make a tapestry out of this moment so she could hang it on the living room wall and tease the life out of her younger brother about it.

She giggled before walking out and going to her younger sister's room, where Rasazy could be seen asleep on her desk. The lamp was on and a book could be seen on the desk, indicating that she fell asleep reading a novel.

"You really need to stop falling asleep like this, sis." Affie muttered before using magic to pick her sister up and tucking her in bed.

She blew her sister a kiss before going to the house her grandparents lived in next door. Preparing herself for the potential worst, she took a deep breath before walking through the door and walking in her grandparents' bedroom, where only her grandmother could be seen slumbering in the bed.

She began to panic when she saw that it was just Rsch in the bed without Krus by her side.

Where is he?

Could he have k!ll3d himself while everyone else was asleep?

Before she could spiral even further into panic, she heard noises coming from the bathroom.

She walked through the bathroom door and nearly fainted at the sight.

Her grandfather was on his knees, hunched over the toilet with bl33d!ng cuts all over his arms and legs and a puddle of bl00d under a bl00dy kn!fe on the floor.