*Chapter 8*

*A/N: I felt bored today, so I'm updating again :). Also we are a little more than half way to 1k reads! I was planning to make a special chapter if we ever reach 1k! Anyways, enjoy reading!*

*Hanae's Pov*

We've been walking for about half an hour, then Kanae suddenly stopped and turned around to me.

"Hanae, how fast can you run?" She asked out of the blue.

"Uh, not really fast..." I said. Kanae simply nodded.

"Well, I'll be deciding that," Kanae smiled. I tilted my head to the side, looking at her confused.

"I want you to chase us to the Butterfly Estate," She simply stated. I stared at her with wide eyes, I looked at Shinobu, who was standing next to Kanae. She shook her head, giggling.

"On the count of 3," Kanae said, turning back around.

"3..." She started counting. They both got into sprinting position

"2..." She continued counting.

"W-wait, nee-san! L-let's talk about this!" I tried to stall for time, but also getting into a sprinting position. I took in a deep breath.

"1!" She sprinted ahead, and so did Shinobu. Within half a second, they was already so far ahead. I sprinted after them. When I saw that I was still far away, I increased my speed. 

Soon, I caught up to both of them. Kanae turned around, and smiled at me, but then she increased her speed, and so did Shinobu. I groaned, then increased my speed. I caught up to them once more, I was getting a little exhausted, since I haven't recovered most of my stamina yet. I continued chasing them, at one point, I was close enough to grab their hands. Eventually, we arrived at the Butterfly Estate. They stopped in front of a gate. I stopped, and struggled to catch a breath.

"Well, Hanae, welcome to the Butterfly Estate!" Shinobu exclaimed. I looked up from the ground, and saw a massive estate in front of me. I felt my jaw dropped at the sight. Not only that the estate was massive, it was also beautiful.

*A/N: The description doesn't necessarily matches with the Butterfly Estate, but deal with it :)*

A stone path leads to the front door, and flowers line both side of it. Wisteria trees stood tall in the yard, providing shade over the estate. The name fits the place perfectly, there was butterflies everywhere.

"Let's head inside!"Kanae said , happily. She told my hand and dragged me along the stone path. She opened the front door, and leads me inside.

"Let me show you your new room!" Kanae exclaimed. She dragged me down the hallway, there was so many rooms in this estate.

"Those rooms are for patients, who are in critical needs, and rest. But otherwise, they will be in one of the three Common Rest area." Shinobu explained to me, following close behind us. I nodded.

"This side is where all of the helpers stayed," Kanae explained, "This is all yours!" Kanae stopped in front of a double door, and opened it. My jaw dropped.

"This... This is my room?!" I practically shouted. The room was three times bigger than the one at Sensei's house.

*This is what the room kinda looks like! Except the bed is a rectangle, not a circle! Picture is not mine!*

I stepped inside the room, and looks around. The bed was on the left side of the room, and there was a curtain over the bed. The carpet was placed under the bed. There was a vanity table next to the bed, with a jewelry box sitting on top. In the back of the room, an arch formed a smaller section of the room. In the section, there was a small table, and a singular chair, with the back side facing the window behind it. There was bookshelves on both side of the section, filled with books. On the right side was another section, there wasn't much, but there was a door that leads to the engawa (a porch) that wraps around the estate. I also had my own bathroom (A/N: I genuinely don't know if the Butterfly Estate has bathroom or not)

"We hope you like it," Kanae smiled.

"Are you kidding? I love it!" I said, excite.

"We're glad you like it, how about you set your bag (A/N: I totally forgot about the bag "^_^) down, and we'll give you a tour of the estate," Shinobu suggested. I nodded, and set my beg down on the bed, and followed my sisters out of the room.

We walked around the house, Kanae and Shinobu explained different section of the estate. Kanae's and Shinobu's room was a few doors down from mine. Kanae showed me her office, where she does all the paper work. Shinobu showed me her laboratory, where she makes different medicines and posion. They also showed me the kitchen, and the living room.

"You said there was helpers at the estate, so where are they?" I had to asked.

"Oh, they are in the Rehabilitation Area, but I'm glad you ask, that's where we are going next!" Kanae said, opening another pair of double doors.

"This is where demon slayers recover their stamina after a long time resting!" Shinobu explained.

Inside was a massive, and empty room. There was rolled up mats on one side of the room. There was a few demon slayers training  in the center of the room. One of the helpers looked familiar.

"Wait... Aoi-san?!" I exclaimed, Aoi looked at me, and widen her eyes.

"Hanae-san?!" Aoi exclaimed, turning to look at me fully. She was wearing the demon slayer uniform, that we received during the Selection .She ran towards me, and practically tackled me.

"So you two knew each other?" Shinobu asked.

"Yeah, we went to the same Final Selection. And she saved me from a demon," Aoi pulled away, and explained. I nodded.

"Well, that's great to hear!" Kanae clapped her hands, 'We'll let you guys catch up outside! We'll take over for you, Aoi!" Kanae smilled.

"Hai, Kocho-sama!" Aoi bowed, she took my wrist and dragged me outside.

She leaded me outside, there was some more wisteria trees, and beds of flowers. There was a little pond on the far side of the yard. Aoi sat down on the porch, and patted the place next to her. I sat down next to her.

"So, Hanae-san, what are you doing here?" Aoi asked, looking at me.

"Well, my sisters invited me to stay with them and help out at the estate," I explained, Aoi nodded her head, then suddenly widen her eyes.

"Wait, Kocho-sama and Shinobu-sama are your sister?!" She asked, quite loudly. I smiled, and nodded.

"Wow, no wonder you guys looks so similar," She smiled.

"Aoi-san, how come your here?" It was my turn to ask. She turned away, and looked at the ground.

"Well, after the Selection, I was scared to go on missions alone. If it weren't for you, I'd probably be dead by now. So when I meet Kocho-sama, she listened to me, and offered to let me help out the estate." She sighed.

"I see..." I nodded.

We talked for while, and when we noticed that the sun was starting to set, we decided to go back inside. We ate dinner with my sisters, I waved goodnight to them and headed to my room. When I entered my room, and saw my bag sitting on the bed. I sighed, I picked up the bag, and putted all the clothes into the closet. After I was done, I got in bed and fell fast asleep.

----------------------

Hey guys... I lost motivation, so it took awhile for me to write. Well, anyways, tysm for the 500+ reads! I hope you enjoy this cringe chapter! Remember to leave comments, I'd really appreciate your feedback! Also share this story with your friends! -Author-san

Words: 1295