*Chapter 11

*A/N: WE'VE REACHED 1K READS! WOOHOO!!!! Anyways, I'm so happy rn! As promised, I'll make a 1k special chapter soon! Anyways, enjoy this chapter!*

*Hanae's Pov*

A year had passed, and I had gotten much stronger. I go from one mission to another, I spent very little time at the Butterfly Estate. Basically, I take on so many missions that I barely have time to help out at the estate. But I managed to find time to train with Kanae, and master Nature Breathing.

I rose through the rank like crazy. Probably because of how many demons I killed. In a year, I managed to rise to the Kinoe rank. It was pretty crazy for me that I manage to rank up that quickly. As the year goes on, there wasn't as much missions for me to go on. So I spent the free times helping out at the estate, or training with either Shinobu or Kanae.

"CAW!CAW!" I groaned out of frustration. I was training with Kanae, for the last few hours, when my crow decided to interrupt.

"You've got to have the best timing," I scolded my crow, it just snickered at me. I sent dead glares at it.

"CAW! CAW! THERE HAD BEEN RUMORS OF DEMONS LURKING AROUND THE TOWN IN THE NORTHWEST! HEAD THERE AND SLAY THE DEMON LURKING THERE!" My crow, practically, screeched into my ear. I waved my hand in the air, in and attempt to smack my crow. Kanae stood there and giggled at the scene.

"I guess I'll see you after I'm done with the mission, Kanae-nee," I sighed, then waved goodbye to her.

I took a deep breath, then sprinted towards the location.

"Wow, this must be a very isolated town," I thought to myself, as I sprinted through the dense forest. It must have been a good 30 minutes, every since I entered the forest.

"How far away is this town," I sighed. I noticed that the sun was starting to set, so I quickened my pace. I wanted to get to the town as quickly as possible, the forest was really creeping me out. I eventually arrived at the town. I slow down, then walked around the town. It was pretty lively for a very isolated town. I walked around, looking at the different stalls, there was a lot pretty jewelries. I was so busy admiring the jewelries, that I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Ah, gomen'nasai!" I said quickly, bowing down.

"Oh, don't worry about it!" I straighten my back, then widen my eyes.

"Wait, are you a demon slayer too?" I asked the taller man, he looked a few years older than me. He had a scar on the right side of his neck. He wore a demon slayer uniform, and a solid green haori.

"Oh, I'm assuming that we were both assigned the same mission," he guessed, I nodded my head.

"Well, I'm Miyagawa Tetsuya," he introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you Tetsuya-san! I'm Kocho Hanae," I smiled.

" CAW! CAW! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! GO SLAY THE DEMON LURKING HERE! CAW!" My crow screeched at us.

"Oh! Shut up! We're going!" I rolled my eyes.

"I guess we should look the demon," Tetsuya-san suggested, I nodded.

We both headed to the outer edge of the city. We were walking around when a bunch of spikes came flying at my face. I gasped, then quickly jumped to the side. I unsheathed my katana, and assumed battle stance. Tetsuya-san quickly did the same. We couldn't see the demon through the thick fog, but I could smell the demon present clear as day. More spikes came flying at me, I quickly deflected all of the spikes, they fell to the ground around me.

"Hanae, are you okay?" Tetsuya looked at me, but quickly looked back to deflect the spikes.

"I'm okay," I reassured him. The fog suddenly got thicker, and the demon's scent was unbearable. I took in a deep breath.