*Chapter 10*

*A/N: Hey y'll~ Anyways, we're so close to 1k reads! And I'm really excited rn! I'm planning to make a 1k reads special, so comments some ideas on what I so write about! Well, enjoy this*

*Hanae's Pov*

~One day~

"AH!!" I whipped my head towards the scream. I was helping Aoi train some demon slayers when we heard someone screaming. I looked at Aoi, and then dashed outside.

"What happened-" I stopped mid-sentence, when I saw what had happened. Then I bursted out giggling. There was a stray dog, who happened to wandered into our yard, and Shinobu was behind Kanae, clinging to her.

"Get that furry monster away from me!!!!!" Shinobu screamed, terrified. Me, Kanae, and Aoi couldn't stop laughing.

"Go away, you fluffy little demon!" She yelled at the dog. We kept laughing.

After a few minuted of yelling and laughing, the dog decided to leave and chase a butterfly.

"Awww... Shinobu-nee! We could've kept the dog!" I pouted, totally.

"Nuh uh! As long as I'm here, there will be absolutely no furry monsters," Shinobu said sternly. A few giggles escaped from our lips.

"Uh... Hanae-sama?" I heard someone said my name from behind me. I turned around and saw a kakushi waiting.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Your katana is here," They informed me, bowing.

"Ah, thank you for informing me," I smiled, and followed the kakushi to the living room, leaving the arguing trio behind me. There was a guy waiting in the living room. He turned around and faced me. He was wearing the same mask like the two that came to Sensei's house to deliver nee-san's katana.

"You must be Kocho Hanae," He said, politely. I nodded, then sat down in front of him. 

He putted a cloth-covered rectangle box between us, then slowly untied the knot. He took off the lid, revealing a silver katana resting on a soft piece of cloth. he picked up the katana and held it in front of him. I took it and admire the intricate butterflies pattern on the silver saya. The handle also has the same pattern.

"The nichirin blade is made of scarlet crimson iron sand and scarlet crimson ore. These materials bathed in the light year-round, meaning that they can absorb sunlight," He explained to me, I nodded. I observed the golden, but hollow, butterfly tsuba.

"Why don't you go ahead and draw your katana?" The man said, politely. I nodded, and slowly draw the katana. I held the katana upright, the color started changing. I gasped as the katana slowly change from silver to a light purple color.

"What a beautiful color!" Kanae exclaimed from the doorway.

"Indeed," The man agreed.

"The color changes based on the owners, and I think the color fits you," Shinobu said, also from the doorway. I smiled, admiring the beautiful katana.

"CAW! CAW!" Something screeched from outside the window, which startled me. A crow landed on the window silt.

"CAW! KOCHO HANAE! HEAD TO THE TOWN IN THE NORTH! THE PEOPLE DISAPPEARING EVERY NIGHT FALL! HEAD THERE AND SLAY THE DEMON LURKING THERE! CAW!" I stared at the crow, then back to my sisters.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Kanae said, "now you are officially a demon slayer," she smiled, I smiled back.

I got ready, then waved goodbye to my sisters and Aoi, I blew out a breath, and headed out for my mission.