───────• •───────

??: 'Are you ok little girl?'
'Mom!!!' young detective replied.
'Aunty?' Ahiri shocked
'I'm here for your lunch box. You forgot it at home Adi' she replied
'May i know your identity?' Ahiri's mom asked.
'I think your daughter already met with me. Can you remember Adi? Someone called you when my sugar dropped that day and Ahiri you called my son, do you remember?'
They both agreed
'Oh yeah Ahiri told me about it when she came back to home '
'I'm that woman and he is my son Aditya '
'What a coincidence!!!' OC exclaimed
'I heard your problem a little. I think she is traumatized to see everything. That's why she doesn't wanna stay with you'
'Umm... I think she will be alright later. No need to think much about her' Ahiri's father told
'As always... You only think about yourself. Have you ever cared about others?' Ahiri said extremely claimly
'Ahiri!!! Shut up!!! He is your father. Don't you know how to talk with your parents?' her mom scolded her
'Wait, you are supporting this man? Didn't he slapped you? Didn't he disrespect you? Didn't you come here for his behaviour?' Ahiri tried not to raise her voice.
'Excuse me!!! I think now matter is being personal. If you changed your mind about FIR, you can leave for your home. And if you want we can talk to a therapist for your daughter' OC said
'I think we should leave for now' her mom said
Her mom dragged her by her hand. Mrs Sanyal left the lunch box on the table and left the office with Ahiri's family. Aditya came after them.
'I'm not going home, mom. Leave me' Ahiri said
'Where will you go? Train line? Again?' her mom said.
Her mom didn't realise how that broke Ahiri's heart. But two persons could feel her. She is trying hard to not to cry again.
'This family is making my life hell' her father said.
'Why didn't you kill me when I was born if you can't take responsibility'
'Now you are gonna teach me responsibility?'
'If you don't know, you definitely have to learn it from someone younger '
'I'm really sorry for interfering' Mrs Sanyal joined, ' i also went through your situation. My situation was worse. I think you should rethink about her. She can stay in my home'

Everyone shocked
'Mom are you sure?' Aditya said
'No no it's ok. I'll try to send her in any boarding school' her dad said.
'Don't worry about my son. He stays out most of the time. I usually stay alone. And Adi, don't forget she saved me' Mrs Sanyal said.
'Let's ask her' her mom said
Everyone looked at Ahiri
'I... I wanna stay with you aunty ' Ahiri said with teary eyes, 'but he is giving me an eye' pointed to Adi
Aditya was still looking at her.
'Adi!!!' Mrs Sanyal said while giving him an eye
'Don't forget what you were going to do today. Don't forget how silly it was' he said while directly looking at her soul.
'Aunty!!!' Ahiri almost started to cry.
Adi moved his stare with an angry smirk.

'We have to discuss about it' her dad said
'Yeah, we should talk about it between us' her mom said.
'Definitely, it was just a proposal.' Mrs Sanyal said
'I'm not going home' Ahiri started to walk.
Parents signed
'It's ok, she can wait in my home'

Mrs Sanyal brought her in her home. Aditya and his mom moved to the home just some days ago after his posting in this branch. It's just 10min walking distance from the police station.

Ahiri's parents reached to their home.
'I can't let her stay there' dad said.
'Yeah, we don't even know that family' mom said.
'I'll try to find a boarding school '
'But there will be no one to look after her. What if she tries to hurt herself again'
'Hmm that's right'
'She can be paying guest in her house'
'But they are new in the city. Nobody knows much about them. How can we trust them'
'That's true but it's not far away. We can see her always. And don't forget he is an officer too. And if she stays away from us for some days, she will come back naturally. But if we force her to stay with us, she may do something bad'
'Ok!!! I'll talk to Mrs Sanyal then'
'If y'all were always understanding like this, she would never do something like this' her brother reached the home.
'What do you mean?'
'If you discussed with mom about everything instead of fighting, we never had to see some toxic issues'
'Enough!!! Go to your study now!!! You don't have to understand couples quarrel' mom tried to end the conversation.
'Which couple quarrel ends up to police station?' her brother left the room without letting them reply

                 ───────• •───────

Her parents entered the house of Aditya. Ahiri was sitting on the sofa while watching cartoons on the TV.

'Ahiri!!! Look who are here!!!' Mrs Sanyal tried to cheer her up.
Ahiri looked at her parents and shifted her gaze towards the tv again.
'I think she is still upset now. What did you decide?' Mrs Sanyal asked
'I think she should stay here. But at first we need to talk with your son as he also stays here' dad replied
'Sure!!! But he comes home after 10pm. You have to go to his office if you wanna talk with him now'
'Ok!!! We shall talk with him a little after. But can we see her room?' mom asked.
'Definitely. My son stays upstairs. But my room is on the ground floor. There is a guest room here. She can stay there'
'Actually I don't want her to stay alone at night. What if she feels sick at night?' mom panicked.
'Ohhh... It's ok. Actually I thought may be she wants privacy.'
'No she doesn't. She is just 16. What does she knows about privacy?' dad said. Mom agreed.
Ahiri didn't know anything about the conversation as they were in garden and she was in living room. Her parents left to meet with Aditya. Mrs Sanyal already gave them his phone number and they called him to know if he can talk now . Aditya agreed to talk.

There is a park in front of police station. Aditya was waiting there. Ahiri's parents saw him while coming to the police station.

'Hello, officer Sanyal' dad said
'Hello. Let's me know your questions' Aditya tried to go straight to the point.
'Do you have any problem if she stays there? I mean it's not easy to share the same roof with an unknown girl?'
'As my mom said, i don't stay at home much. Even after reaching home i stay in my room instead of exploring the house. So your daughter has to not face me all time'
'Actually we were asking about your problems'
'I can understand sir!!! You are actually worried about your daughter's safety. But I stay there too. So you are feeling bad for me. No need to worry'
'It's not what you think. Actually....'
'It's ok sir!!! I'm a detective. I know what people think. And I had a childhood like her too'
'What do you mean?' mom shocked
'My parents had worse relationship. My father had another relationship unlike your daughter. My mom suffered so much when she got to know. My mental health was worse than her. I scolded her when she tried to harm herself but deep inside i could feel her. I was so young when mom got to know about dad's relationship. She sent me to a boarding school to save me. But I misunderstood her. It's a long story. I think you can understand why mom wanted to keep her and i didn't deny'

Her parents couldn't say anything but trusted him so much. They got back to home without saying one word. They packed her stuffs and sent to her.

'Ahiri!!! Arrange your staffs in my room' Mrs Sanyal said
'In your room aunty!!!' she didn't expected.
'Yes!! Your mom requested me to let you stay in my room'
'Omo thanks aunty!!! You are so sweet'
'Haha ok ok!!! Now go'

Ahiri arrangeed everything in the room.