Heart to Heart

The night passes in a blur after Akari's announcement. The Kami gathers together for a massive party, strange lights and music dancing through the air. Melody can't help but join the festivities, dancing and singing along with the crowd. She remembers taking turns dancing around with Oliver, Emelia, Julien - even Ra at one point. Several long hours pass before Julien brings her back inside.

"No point in waiting," he says, pausing in the foyer. Akari joins them, slipping away from the party with a warm smile. "Let's make this official."

"Oh, right!" Melody says, fishing the treaty from her bag again. "Thank you so much, you have no idea how much this means-"

"It's my pleasure," Akari assures, sliding her finger across the paper slowly. A thin, decorative signature follows, and dozens of smaller signatures appear below hers. "There - you now have the complete support of the Shinto, no strings attached," she says once she's done. Melody beams at her, looking at the three Pantheons represented.

"Before you put it away, let me just..." Julien says, tapping his finger on the page thrice. His fingertip glows, and he quickly stabs it next to Akari's signature. A new signature spreads from the light, and Melody's mouth falls open in shock.

"That's - but how did - you can't-" She stammers dumbly. Julien chuckles, blowing on his finger as if to cool it off.

"Zeus gave his word that he would back your treaty once you get three signatures. And when Oliver arrived and told us that you already had two, Tia suggested he give me permission to sign in his stead. He wasn't very happy about it, but eventually, Zeus agreed." He wraps an arm around Akari, lifting his nose. "That makes four."

"T-thank you," Melody says breathlessly. She waves her hand over the treaty, channeling her power into it. Two pages peel off the top, rolling themselves into perfect copies of the treaty. Tucking the original back into her bag, she holds one out to each of them. "Please, take these. Whenever we get a new signature, it will show up on your copy as well."

"Handy," Julien says, shoving the parchment into his pocket. Akari cradles it in her arms, nodding happily.

"I'll be sure to keep an eye on your progress," she promises. "Now go enjoy yourself - you've earned some rest," she adds, stepping aside. Melody nods and rushes back out to the party, her heart fluttering with joy. Two new signatures in one day - not to mention all of the ways they've helped the Shinto.

The party goes on for two whole days, showing no sign of stopping. Melody allows herself to let loose for the first time since leaving Mt. Olympus two weeks ago, relishing in her victory. For once, there's no looming deadline. No fear that she's wasting time. Even Sun Wukong, the next enemy they'll have to face, said he would be waiting for them to come to him.

On the second night, her legs sore from dancing, Melody stumbles back inside, finally feeling the exhaustion she's put off for so long. Luckily, she's managed to figure out the way from the entrance to her room, so she doesn't need a guide anymore. She wanders into her room, pausing in the doorway when she spots the pair on the couch.

Oliver and Emelia sit on the sunken couch, huddled close. Oliver seems to jump upon seeing her, and his eyes widen like a deer caught in a car's headlights. Melody similarly pauses, wondering if she's interrupting something she shouldn't be. But Emelia pats Oliver's cheek affectionately, whispering something to him. His cheeks flush, and he quickly scurries out of the room, dashing down the hall where Melody came from. Not missing a beat, Emelia sits up straighter, lifting her head proudly.

"Looks like you're having fun," she says, waving for Melody to come closer. "But I think we've wasted enough time. We need to talk." Melody takes a cautious step, trying to gauge Emelia's mood. She's only met the girl once in person, but all throughout the rebellion, she did her best to keep tabs on her and Oliver's progress.