16.

Florence + The Machine - Ship To Wreck

"Hi, why didn't you just drive here?" I didn't know whether or not paranoia was taking over, but I was already sure that she was onto me.

"Long story," I started, my nervousness cracking out of my cool exterior. "Which I'd love to explain over dinner."

She looked at me, unsure. The cracks in her smile were already starting to show. It was only a matter of time before she'd ask me.

"You know, it's a little early for dinner." She said nonchalantly.

"Jasmine and I broke up." I stated.

I'd gotten pretty used to the phrase, I wasn't happy with it, but the situation was out of my control. I'd given the situation to the powers that be. There was nothing more I could do, after all, you can only send so many emails before it becomes harassment.

"There it is, I've said it and I know it's what you wanted to hear." I just had to let it out. Keeping emotions all bottled up is not good for you.

She had this all knowing look on her face, as though she was not surprised, at all. She'd probably already heard about at and just wanted me to tell her. Or maybe she had been waiting to see if I'd tell her.

"Before we get any deeper into this conversation, can we go out; I really don't want to be here." She said looking irritated. I didn't pry; she'd tell me if she wanted to.

"What happened?" I questioned attempting to shift the topic of conversation away from me in the hopes of never discussing it.

"Nothing too serious," she said, "But we're going to have to take Anri with us. I don't want to her here." She seemed a little disgusted as she said it.

"I really don't mind, Anri's a sweetheart." And at the mention of her name, as if on cue, she appeared.

"Terence!" she exclaimed. I'd never seen her so happy to see someone, but then again, I rarely did see her. It was almost like my presence was a relief for her, but I still didn't want to ask.

"Anri!" I exclaimed back and went in for a hug. I lifted her off her small feet and swung her around. After about two or five swings I placed her back on her feet.

"I don't have my car though, so any plans on driving out of the city are on hold." I joked. Anri giggled, but Katherine didn't even smile.

"It's ok, we can just take a quick stroll to Henkies or something." said Katherine rather anxiously.

"Yay, Henkies!" exclaimed Anri. She was hyper.

So we started the long trek to Henkies. It was surprisingly quiet; whatever had happened must have made things at their home definitely tense. It was all in a calm environment until Anri started talking again.

"How's your girlfriend, the pretty one on your phone?" she questioned, her eyes wide. She made it sound like I had multiple girlfriends. Had Katherine told her about my unfaithfulness?

"Oh, she's fine, she'd just tired." Yeah, of me, I thought to myself.

I didn't have the heart to tell her that I'd broken up with Jasmine. She'd already experienced a split of some kind in her life, being that she was Katherine's step-sister. Maybe she was secretly shipping us, I didn't want to drown her ship so easily, plus what were the odds that she'd actually end up meeting Jasmine? And if I came clean, I'd feel the need to tell her why we broke up and I didn't want to tarnish her image of me and she probably didn't even know what sex was.