26.

Breaking The Girl - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Again I woke up abruptly on a bed, hoping to myself that this wouldn't become a pattern, but there was something different this time: I could move.

I stretched out my limbs extending them all over the bed, feeling everything possible, thankful that I could feel. I even rolled around a little, really enjoying myself, until a thought hit me.

Where was I?

It certainly wasn't my room and there was no way that it could even have been a room anywhere in Siya's house, the room was too quite. In the dark, I could recognise nothing, but the room itself gave off a homely feel that I was used to. It made me feel safe.

So I sat up and called out. "Hello, is anyone here?"

Almost instantly my eyes detected movement towards my left and the movement set off a very bright screen. The person behind the scream hissed in pain from the light and cowered down.

"Hello?" I called again in the direction of the computer.

"Oh good, you're awake." The voice responded groggily, obviously freshly awoken.

"Terence?"

"Good, now that you're awake, I can give you an update."

What was he talking about?

"An update? On what?"

He still remained with his back towards me, so I couldn't see his face, his body silhouetted, showed no signs of movement.

"Maybe we should take things slow." He whispered to himself, probably thinking that I hadn't heard him, but my senses were heightened in the darkness. "What exactly do you remember?"

I tried to think back to the events that had happened earlier, but it was all a psychedelic blur. I saw flashes of what had happened; going to the hospital, going to a party, a conversation with Siya and another man, being carried off by the other man, waking up in a strange room unable to move, seeing a body over me many doors, but even more bodies and shadows and an ovular light bulb on a ceiling, but that was it really.

I couldn't remember where he'd carried me to, or why he'd felt the need to in the first. I didn't know who had been on top of me or why I kept being carried, but the thing that got me the most was the fact that I'd remembered the ceiling light so well.

"I don't really know. I mean, I see Siya and another man, but I don't remember his name and we're having a conversation, and then all of a sudden I'm being carried, then I'm on a bed, but I can't move and that's when it really gets blurry, but the weird thing is that guy I can't remember, he's in my flashbacks a lot."

As my 'story' came to an end, Terence's chair swerved around. I couldn't see his features in detail, but his hair was in his face. With hair like that he probably had to beat off everybody coming after him. Even with his darkened features I could see distress in my eyes.

"No," he started, "They said, this would happen, but it can't it just can't." Who was he talking about? "Do you feel any pain around your body, anywhere?"

"No, what are you on about?" I was genuinely curious about what had Terence so worked up. It gave me an odd feeling, I felt like I too should have been freaking out alongside him, but I couldn't.

"You have no idea, do you?"

"Please, just tell me what you're on about."

He looked at me, pained almost like he didn't want to tell me, but I knew him like I knew the back of my hand, well I had known him and the Terence that I'd known wouldn't have kept anything from me, but as I looked at him, I wasn't sure if he'd tell me.