23.

Small Bump - Ed Sheeran

After an afternoon of coaxing and convincing I'd finally managed to convince Toni to break up with Siba.

Well actually, that afternoon wasn't the first time I'd started convincing her. I'd been begging her to break up with him practically before they had even started. He was bad news and no good for her, but Toni was stubborn a mule and thought I didn't know what I was talking about.

Sometimes a friend just knows these things.

She said she wanted to live her own life and make her own mistakes. But you can't make them all, some mistakes you have to learn from others. But she was hell bent on making all the mistakes she possibly could.

It's not even like their relationship was perfect to begin with, but then things started going downhill, unbelievable, I'd honestly thought they'd started their relationship on pretty level ground.

They always had problems, not the normal kind that normal people experienced; they had the bad kind of troubles.

It took about six months before Toni could convince him to make their relationship official on social media before he begrudgingly did it. I couldn't understand why it meant so much to her, but she said that it was a way of announcing their relationship to the world and showing that they were proud of each other.

She always accused him of being ashamed of her and their relationship, but he always said that he was a 'quiet' person and didn't want the world to know, but why shouldn't they?

She'd make posts about how he was a good boyfriend and the best in the world, but he didn't like any of them until one day she stopped.

And that's when he got angry. Bear this in mind, he never once made a post about her, he even made other girls his WCW, never Toni.

Not a very scandalous thing, but as someone who spent all their days on social media, I'd say this was very significant.

The fight they had was legendary. They screamed at each other for hours on end, but they made up, like they usually did. So she clean forgot about it.

Apart from Sibas' obsession with other girls he was also abusive. Not physically, but emotionally. Being with Siba never once improved Toni, and I would know. I was with her before and during Siba. He only left her worse off and with some new self esteem issues; he took the sparkle out of her eye.

Siba was in no way right for Toni, but I couldn't get her to leave him, up until that day.

She still hadn't told him about the baby, but she was going to tell him today, and then break up with him. I didn't really agree with the idea of dropping two bombs at once, but I could only influence her life so much.

To divert suspicion away from what we'd planned we agreed to meet at Siba's place. He didn't live with his parents; he lived with his older brother, Thabo. Siba's parents were nowhere in sight as far as I knew.

Thabo lived in a complex of flats on the ghetto and ratchet side of town. Yeah, his place wasn't too fancy, but at least he wasn't homeless. The inside of the house was ten times nicer anyhow, or so I'd been told, but looking at the outside, making the inside look nice wouldn't be too hard.

He didn't exactly welcome us in; Toni had to open the door. She told me that they rarely locked their door during the day, but at night, there wasn't a force on earth that would let them keep the door open.

Let's just say that it wasn't the safest neighbourhood either.

We walked into the house. I hadn't been to Thabo's house, so I was surprised. The floor was carpeted with a brown and stained mat; you could tell that the colour it was wasn't the colour they had bought it as. The walls were white, but stained by brown marks and patches and the flat had a lingering disgusting smell of old food. I couldn't quite pick out what it was, but I didn't like it. Obviously, Siba and Thabo would saw nothing wrong with the flat; they were used to it, but being present there was assault on my senses. The windows were all closed and a large ceiling fan creaked its way into revolutions after revolutions.