hurt me more.❕

synopsis. when finding Toij at deaths door the man begs for you to help distract him from the pain. 

─── ☆

Walking home the last thing you had expected to see was your boarding neighbor limping down the alleyway to the apartment complex where you just so happened to be his next-door neighbor, just about to enter through the main gate the jingle of your lanyard dangling heavy with all of your keys coming to halt at the brutal sight of him.

"Holy shit," you muttered loud enough for him to tilt his head up, his attention suddenly taking notice of your worried expression.

If it were any other day you would have just turned your head and pretended not to notice Toji hurling the beaten-up men from his apartment or even the ones that he would sprawl against the wall by the hard muscle of his dark inked forearm.

His face twitched with an expression of annoyance brow shifting as his dead stare glared up as if you were the one that gave him the forming bruises scattered across his body.

It was the first time you had ever seen this man so seemingly defeated, "uh, you're not gonna like, die right? because I don't think I can handle seeing someone die right now."

He opened his mouth to reply, the flinch of pain boring into his features, his body almost stumbling over before he could catch himself with his arm reaching out against the brick wall as the other reaching up to rub against his face, soothing the ache in his jaw.

In his stumbling state, you by instinct took a step closer toward him, he was surprisingly quick to recover back to his feet with a painful grunt his shoulder hunched over as he continued past you.

"Don't worry about it." you hesitated before following his steps, only the sound of cars driving by covered by the heavy footing of his dragged steps, "wouldn't want someone as precious as you caught in my line of work."

You didn't know whether his words were supposed to be a compliment or just another sugar-coated insult that Toji was just so good at delivering in that deep gruff voice of his.

"Look, you could just bleed out and get an infection later if that's something you're into but I have an actual first aid at my place." watching as his shoulders rolled back at your suggestion of help.

There was no vocal agreement, only him leaning against the opposite wall waiting as you unlock your front door.

Listening to the hum of acknowledgment to the completely different flow of environment compared to his from behind.

The click from your door shutting from the back of Toji's heel as he followed you through the obstacles or decor to slump down against your couch so comfortably as if he had been inside your home before. "You better take your shoes off if you're gonna be on my rug." you pointed, sliding off your own boots and tucking them neatly onto the shoe rack.

"Yes ma'am," Toji grunted lazily, kicking his sneakers off and spreading further against the cushions.

His head resting back and arms spread on top of the pillows you watched before suddenly being washed with a huge wave of common sense.

A nice reminder of the way his chest heavily raised and slowly lowered to the main reason why you had the man holding on to a thread in your apartment.

Searching for the familiar bright red cross container full of all your first aid contaminants as well as a rag and dry towel. "Mkay you're gonna have to be a little patient with me, the most I've ever done before is put a bandage on a scrape."