7: Defend then Assault

The two damaged teens sat in an ice cream store. They talked about nonsense and nothing important. Which flavor was better or if cone or spoon was better to eat it with? They let the heavy atmosphere from the earlier pass and they moved on to more comfortable moments.

For Izuku, it was the first time he had an enjoyable time with someone from school. At first, he didn't know what to talk about after the things they got off their chests but it came naturally when Hagakure began to talk about ideal ice cream eating conditions. He was more than content.

Hagakure for her part was having the time of her life with Izuku. Reading people's body language was pretty important to have friends and since hers was invisible, it made things hard. But with Izuku, he could see everything she expressed.

On the walk home, they were in companionable silence. Hagakure rolled her sleeves up and took off her bracelets. "What are you doing?" Izuku watched her arms become impossible to see once she removed any articles of clothing.

She mischievously smiled at him and Izuku got suspicious of her actions. But not in a malicious manner but playfully. "Well, since you are the only one who can see me fully. Why not do some devious thing?"

"Like what?" Izuku's mind went through a hundred ideas of crimes they could commit with an invisible person.

"Like this." She hooked her arm around his and kept walking to the train station.

Izuku blushed at the close contact with her. The hug earlier was more than now but this seemed different. "Why- why are you doing that?" He didn't want to admit he liked the contact with another human being.

"Because I feel like you missed out on a lot of this kind of thing and I'm going to help you catch up to the norm!" She was a bit shorter than him but no one could tell that they hooked their arms together. "Unless you feel uncomfortable." She now realizes that it was a bit selfish of her to do this.

Izuku thought for a moment and shook his head. "I don't mind, it's embarrassing that's all."

"It's embarrassing if people see us but only we will know." Izuku could faintly see more heat in her face than before but he didn't bring it up.

Soon, they arrived at the train station to split off. "Give me your phone." Izuku did without much hesitation to his surprise. She found his contacts and felt saddened that he didn't have anyone's number. Not even a number for his parents, she didn't ask. Putting in hers and sending a message to it, she gave it back to him. "There! Now I don't need to track you down next time."

Izuku smiled down at his phone and put it away. "Alright, thanks for everything. It was nice."

"You're saying it like it's gonna be the last. See you tomorrow, Midoriya." She squeezed his arm goodbye and boarded a train after waving.

He did the same and arrived at the apartments with a lighter heart and a clearer mind. Izuku sat at his desk and finished his homework quickly and then kept writing notes about his classmates and their quirks. He sketched them out and analyzed them from personality to quirk. He kept this notebook in his room for safekeeping, even he knew it was very invasive. The other notebook he kept on himself was mainly the quirks of people and a quick sketch. He spent a bit more time drawing Hagakure and put in more effort.

The next day, the front of the school gates was covered by cameramen and various news reporters. He saw UA students get mobbed by them asking questions about All Might. He scowled at the subject of their interest. He watched for a few minutes as more students tried to pass through the gates and the reporters. Izuku huffed and pushed his way into the crowd to get to class. A lady grabbed him when he ignored everyone and she received an electric shock, a minor one. He didn't wait for a rebuke and kept pushing through until he made it through. Aizawa was walking in his direction and Izuku moved past him without acknowledging him. He still didn't trust the teachers, even if they were heroes.