24: Camp

Izuku and his little gang of friends chatted while they rode the bus to wherever Aizawa was taking them. They were quiet since most of the class decided to take a nap including Tooru who was snuggled up under Izuku's arm. For his part, he did his best to stay still and enjoy the feeling of Tooru's head on his lap. After almost two hours, they stopped on the side of the road. Izuku gently woke Tooru up and she smiled warmly at him before squeezing him and getting up.

Everyone was stretching their legs as they looked over the railing into the forest. They saw a black car roll up to them and three figures walked out and to them. Izuku immediately recognized the two women and mentally brought up their profiles. Compared to many heroes, the Wild Wild Pussy Cats are one of the better ones since they are focused on mountain and forest rescue. He also took note that they were meeting the class at a rest stop and not at the camp.

Izuku subtly kept Tooru close and tapped Hanta and whispered loud enough for Kyouka to hear as well. "Something is fishy, not bad but odd why they would meet us here instead of at the camp."

Hanta took a moment to come to the realization and Kyouka was already telling the other two of his gang. "Is there something you think is more important than greeting your hosts?" Aizawa's angry tone was aimed at Izuku and glaring at him.

Izuku didn't break eye contact and said. "Yes, I was telling them why would our hosts meet us here instead of at the camp. So I told them to keep an eye out. You know, like you always say to be prepared." Just the tiniest bit of snark leaked out.

Aizawa kept glaring until Pixie Bob laughed. "Oh! This one has claws!" Mandalay looked between the student and the teacher in apprehension. "Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag! Head straight west and good luck!" Pixie Bob slammed her paws on the ground and the whole class fell to the forest.

Izuku picked Tooru into a princess carry and absorbed the fall. Hanta used his tape to grab Denki and slow their fall while Mina dug her fingers into the cliffside and slid down. Kyouka's earlobes slammed into the ground first and a blast of sound pushed her up to break her fall. They weren't the only ones to land on their feet.

"My hero." Tooru giggled and jumped off Izuku's arms after a peck on the cheek.

He composed himself quickly and focused on what Pixie Bob said about heading west. He looked at the sun and turned in the right direction. "West we go." Izuku began to move with his gang of friends joining him.

"Shouldn't we stick together?" Yayoruzo said to the group leaving.

"Does it matter? We are all headed west, so head west." Izuku shrugged.

No one got to say anything else as a creature of dirt emerged out of the ground. Izuku didn't let it finish building itself and blasted it with a concentrated thermal beam. The head turned to nothing and it collapsed.

"Oh, never mind. You are already using your quirks." Pixie Bob said a bit deflated as she watched the lead group not hesitate to push forward.

Mandalay noticed Aizawa's eyes on the green-haired boy and asked. "Is he going to be a problem?"

He gave out a sigh and rubbed his face. "I don't know. He is one of the most complicated students I've ever had. He's cold to everyone but his close friends. He is smart enough to bring up two of the worst academic students in a few spots. And his quirk is extremely powerful."

"Wow, what is it?" Pixie Bob joined in the conversation.

"Energy absorbing and storage. He absorbs a kinetic strike and he can release it back at his opponent later. He's not limited to just one energy." Aizawa began to walk to the black car.