14: Thermal

The next few fights were more of a bore. Hatsume turned her fight unto an advertisement for her equipment. Which worked because he kept her in mind for any new kinds of energies she might have. From Jirou's and Mina's descriptions of her, she would have something up her sleeve or make it if asked. Iida won by default after Hatsume walked off when she was done.

Koda won against Aoyama to everyone's surprise. The docile boy charged forward and weaved through the light beams and knocked the French man out in one uppercut. Then he proceeded to panic about hurting the other boy.

Yayoruzo didn't get a chance to fight back against Dark Shadow's barrage of strikes and pushed her out of bounds. It was a disappointment in Izuku's opinion.

Kirishima's and Sato's fight turned into a slugfest with Sato's fists turning bloody quickly as he punched the brick wall that was Kirishima. It was a hammer against a stone and it was dragging out. While they fought, Bakugo walked to his waiting room and Uraraka got up to follow but stopped.

She approached Izuku and greeted him. "Hey there, I'm Ochako Uraraka. I know we've never spoken but you know Bakugo well don't you?"

Izuku nodded a greeting back and wrinkled his nose at the name alone. "Very well. Why?"

"I saw you tear apart Shinso before the festival, can you do it again for Bakugo? Any tips would be welcome." She sounded hopeful as she asked about Bakugo's weaknesses.

Izuku gave a wide grin and patted the seat next to him. Tooru watched him with the smile that would fit on a cat that cornered a mouse. "I'd be glad to." And he explained everything that he had on Bakugo that could help her in a fight against him. He explained his quirk and the weaknesses of overusing it. How he fights and how proficient he is at it. "He won't hold back because you're a girl, he won't care. My advice to you keep your range, don't get close. Use whatever you can and throw it at him, there will be plenty of rubble.  Your quirk negates gravity, not kinetic force. I'd suggest you get a ranged weapon for your hero suit."

"What do you mean about kinetic force?" Uraraka listened attentively as Izuku spoke.

"If you are an astronaut in space and a space rock comes at you with no gravity, it will still shoot through you like wet paper."

Uraraka stared blankly at Izuku and then turned away and stared at the floor with dead eyes. "Why didn't I think of that, I bloody love space and missed that."

Tooru giggled at the girl's response and patted her back. "Don't worry, he's done the same for all our quirks. I think we would have figured it out but he sped up the process."

Uraraka stood up and with a fierce nod toward Izuku. "I'll use what you've given me to do my best. I won't forget this."

"You don't have- and she's gone," Izuku called out to her but she had already left.

"Sato is unconscious! Kirishima wins!" Just in time, Sato lay unconscious with bloody fists and Kirishima breathed heavily covered in Sato's blood. Robot paramedics rolled up to Sato and set him on a stretcher and then rolled to Recovery Girl. Kirishima walked behind them until he collapsed and another pair of robots tossed him on another stretcher and pulled him away.

Cementoss sank the spots of blood under the arena and Bakugo and Uraraka walked on stage. Present Mic introduced them like always and Midnight gave the rules out to them.

"Midoriya, will Bakugo truly not hold back?" Tsu asked from behind Izuku.

He turned around and many classmates' eyes were on him waiting for the answer. "No, he won't."

"It's unbecoming of a hero." Iida chopped his arms as he spoke.

"As much as I hate to say it, Bakugo has no reason to hold back. She joined the hero course and knew full well what she was getting into. That doesn't mean Bakugo isn't a shit stain." Izuku explained as the match started with a bang from Bakugo.