21: Study

After the race was over, everyone changed and packed up their stuff to go home. Iida was one of the first to be out of the door. Uraraka tried to call out for him but he ignored her. She turned on Izuku for answers.

"What happened at Hosu? Ever since that day, he's been like that!" She asked with both frustration and worry.

Izuku calmly answered. "If he doesn't want to talk then that's his business. It's not hard to connect the dots, why do you think he was interned in Hose with a hero with a water quirk? The same city where a specific villain was arrested is somewhat connected to the Iidas. That's the information everyone has, you can guess the rest from there." He turned from her confused and conflicted stare to his friends.

"You guys want to head out and plan to study for the midterm?" Hanta proposed when he saw their leader was done being brooding and mysterious.

"Yes! I need so much help for that." Denki almost cried.

"You need help with a lot of things." Kyouka jabbed with a teasing smirk.

"Not to worry, Izuku will drag us across the finish line even if he is dragging out cold dead bodies!" Mina said with conviction, everyone turned to her and she blushed slightly.

"I'm not dragging anyone anywhere." He chuckled and made to exit the classroom with his friends and Tooru holding his arm.

"Midoriya, would you be open to helping me tutor some others at my home?" Yayoruzo asked the odd boy.

"No, I'm going to be helping them to study." He nodded to his gang of friends and turned to leave.

Tooru pinched him and whispered. "Be nice!"

Izuku rubbed where she pinched him with his friends giggling behind him at the scene. He turned back to Yayoruzo. "I'd rather help my friend, apologies." He heard Tooru grumble that was just as bad as before.

Once he and his clique of friends had left Yayoruzo let out a sigh. "I'm not surprised he shot my idea down."

"What do you think he meant about Iida?" Uraraka asked the heiress.

Yayoruzo had an idea of what he was implying but to say it out loud and be wrong, she shook her head. "I'm not entirely sure."

"He's really weird, one minute he's like that. And the next he is all buddy-buddy with his group of friends." Sato said.

"He must have a reason, after all, he was first in both entrance exams. " Kirishima said and turned to Bakugo. "You've known him before UA, was he like this before too?"

A thousand memories flashed before Bakugo's eyes. "How should I know." He grumbled softly and left.

"That's another weird thing, he knows something." Ojiro joined in.

Todoroki was about to exit the classroom to avoid being questioned but it was too late. "Todoroki, did Midoriya ever give out any clues why he is the way he is?" Uraraka asked.

He stopped and gave out a sigh. "He did and if you want to know, ask him yourself." He left quickly before any more questions were shot at him.

The gang of friends made it to the train station. They chatted about planning for the midterm. In their group, they made up of the bottom four with Denki being 20th, Mina 19th, Hanta 17th, and Tooru 16th. Kyouka was set at 7th. While it may be hard to tutor Izuku's friends alone, he was confident about pulling them up a few ranks. All Izuku needed was what they were lowest in and build from there. Granted, he wasn't expecting them to jump up to the top of his class but he will make sure that they have passable grades.