9: Friends

Izuku woke up on the couch with his phone almost dead. He smiled at the conversation when he scrolled back up. Kaminari was telling a story of when he thought it was a good idea for him to lick an outlet and ended up frying the whole house control panel even when his parents had safety measures after safety measures.

He connected his phone to the charger and cooked up breakfast for himself. After that, he changed and put on his new pair of headphones for a jog. While he did put most of his money away for a rainy day, he did get himself some luxuries.

He made his usual routine and exercised his core muscles and a bit of his arms. He finished at the stream in the woods and dunked his feet into the cool water. He checked his phone and saw he got messages from the group chat. They wanted to know if he wanted to hang out and do something. He hesitated but confirmed that he was free. With that, he got up and ran back to the apartments to change and meet up with his friends.

He washed up and took some money from his stash and headed out. He put on one of his light jackets and some jeans. Before, his wardrobe was filled with All Might merch but he cleared most of it and got some regular clothes. Sir Nighteye paid well for his merch. Izuku made his way to the train station and headed to the one near UA.

There, he waited for five minutes until Sero patted his shoulder and sat at the bench he was at. He greeted him with his usual easy-going smile but Izuku could see the curiosity from the bus. He didn't ask and Izuku was glad for it. Kaminari and then Mina came along with casual clothes like him. They chatted while waiting for Hagakure who came in wearing his hero suit jacket, much to his embarrassment and Mina's teasing smile.

"How romantic, war-torn lovers reunited." Mina twirled and hung off of Hagakure in a very dramatic fashion.

Izuku blushed heavily at the joke and Hagakure did so too but only Izuku could see. "Leave them be, Mina. So, what's the plan? Arcade? Park? Heist? Roam the woods?" Sero threw a lifeline to Izuku's benefit.

"What were the last two?" Kaminari asked.

"Arcade!" Mina shouted in her vote.

"Park sounds nice." Hagakure said.

"I know part of the woods well." Izuku offered, he didn't know what normal hang-out spots were.

Everyone looked to Kaminari for his input. "I am the dumbest member of this crew, like Hell, I have a heist planned out." He put his hands up in surrender.

Everyone but Izuku laughed and then joined in when he saw its good nature. "Bit of everything then? Arcade with food after, park, and then to the woods to plan the heist." Sero nodded as he pointed to everyone after their preferred place.

They all agreed and followed Mina off the train station and to the nearest arcade. Izuku and Hagakure unconsciously began to walk next to each other as everyone chatted about anything but the USJ. They arrived at the arcade and Izuku was unsure what to do from there. Mina split off to a dancing game, and Sero and Kaminari headed to a coop game.

"I've never been in an arcade." Izuku admitted to Hagakure standing beside him.

"I've been a handful of times. Come one I'll show you!" She pulled his arm which she has been holding for a while and Izuku never noticed.

They all played games that they liked as they wasted the day away with fun. No one at the time thought of the day before. Their competitiveness came out when Izuku began to win fighting games. Even though he never played any video games, he was a genius at it.

"How are you so good!?" Mina shouted in frustration as she mashed buttons.

"I am mashing the same buttons as you are! I don't know what any of these do?!" Izuku yelled back but also didn't want to lose.