10: New Day

Izuku walked his friends to the train station as the sun began to set. Kaminari began to make progress with lightning with Izuku's help. He drained the area of static and tried to help him feel the absence of it. From there, he tried to get Kaminari to move the static himself but it was slow going.

Izuku walked next to Sero and Kaminari talking about how well electricity would conduct with milk. Izuku wasn't sure how they got on that topic but he was heavily invested in it.

Hagakure pulled Mina back a few steps so they could talk about things. She saw Mina as a good friend, even more now after Izuku told them, but she worried about the pink girl's answer. "Hey Mina, I want to ask you something."

Mina heard the serious tone in her voice and placed her full attention on the invisible girl. "Go ahead." She nodded, while she couldn't see her face, Mina could read the nervous ticks.

"Are you interested in Midoriya? As more than a friend." If Izuku looked back, he would sense a bloom of thermal energy radiating off of Hagakure's head.

Mina blinked and stared at the fidgeting girl next to her. Her smile split her face from ear to ear. With a quiet squeal and giggle she hooked her arm around Hagakure's shoulders and pulled her in. "He's all yours." She whisper-giggled in her ear.

Hagakure kept blushing as she looked away. "Thanks, Mina."

One by one his friends boarded their trains and headed to their homes. Mina just got on hers when she turned around to give them a big grin. Hagakure eyes flicked from Mina and Izuku but he didn't know why.

"Everything alright, Hagakure?" Izuku asked as Mina's train left.

"Yep! Just girl things is all." She waved his concerns away and to her relief, he nodded.

"I don't know what that means but if you're OK then alright." Izuku smiled at her and she turned away for a moment before turning back.

They sat in silence for a while longer until she spoke up again. "I'm glad we got to hang out. I had a lot of fun today."

Izuku nodded in agreement. "It was nice, I'd like to do it again sometime."

Hagakure saw her train begin to roll in. She down at the jacket still on her. "Oh right, your jacket. Too bad, I liked it." She took it off and held it for a moment. "Here trade."

"Trade? My jacket for that one?" Izuku felt heat rise to his face.

"It's only fair, a lady needs something to ward off the cold." She declare and stuck with her on-the-spot plan. Izuku took off the one he was wearing and gave it to her. "Now, if you want this one back. You need to trade it for another one!" She smiled up at him while it putting on.

"I-alright." Izuku confusingly agreed.

Her train stopped, Hagakure turned to him and gave him another hug. "Let's hang out sometime again."

Izuku hugged her back automatically and she left after a moment. The train doors closed and she was gone. "What just happened?" Izuku mumbled to himself while looking at his hero jacket.

He heard a chuckle and looked over to an old couple laughing softly. "Don't mind us, boyo. Just keep doing what you're doing." The old man said and the woman smiled at him.

Izuku dumbly nodded and made his way to the apartment. He slipped the jacket on and got a whiff of perfume. He felt the heat rise in his cheeks again and he doubled his pace. The rest of the weekend came and went with him chatting in the group chat. He kept his routine up and practiced his quirk and absorbed more energy where he could. He wanted to find a source of electrical energy but it was hard to do so without having to drain the country's grid. Lightning storms were rare and even more so in his location. He resorted to pulling electric energy out of the air and having his quirk branch in search of more as it did with thermal.