25: Interruption

Izuku was the only one who wasn't dragging their feet to cook their dinner. His training so far has been physical and led by Tiger. While a sore, he didn't have quirk exhaustion like everyone else did. His quirk didn't tire him when he used it. The only limit he had found with his quirk was what he had stored in his core. He was pretty happy with it.

The ingredients were laid out for them to cook and there were multiple outdoor stoves for them to use. Everyone decided to work on a stew and Izuku immediately began to get to work. He lit the wood stoves and set the pots of water to being to heat up. After that, he began to slice up the ingredients with practiced motions that caught his friends' eyes.

Tooru watched him from his elbow. "You're like a pro! Who taught you to cook?"

"Yea, not even my mom can work as well as you can in the kitchen." Denki complimented.

Izuku paused for a second and continue. "No one taught me, I'm just had good practice." He dumped the cubed meat into the pot.

Tooru bit her lip and looked worried at what he said. Looking around, she could see their gaggle of friends also caught what he had said. "What else can you cook up?" She injected cheer into her tone.

Izuku looked over at her and smiled. "A few things, nothing fancy but maybe one day I'll cook something up for you." His ears burned slightly at the proclamation.

Tooru ducked her head and bumped it against his arm. "I would like that." She said softly and a smile hidden from view.

"Get a room." Mina looked around to see who said that, even though it was obvious to everyone it was her.

Izuku cleared his throat and focused back on cooking even though his smile was evident to everyone. Tooru helped where she could and the others copied Izuku's motions to cook for their pot of stew. The rest of the class did their own thing and cooked at their stations. When the food was done, everyone sat down with bowls to eat as a group. His group of friends thoroughly enjoyed their meal and filled their bowls for seconds. While eating, Izuku noticed Kota go into the woods and made note of it.

The rest of the day was theirs and most spent it resting from the grueling training hours before. Izuku did the same and found a spot to sit and rest his sore muscles. Tooru joined him and leaned against him. They didn't speak and basked in each other's presence. Izuku cooled the area and they had a nice breeze blowing over them.

The next day was similar to the day before, they got up early and then went to their training areas. Izuku went to an empty field and absorbed one energy at a time in a large radius. He switched as fast as he could between energies but for him it was instant. One second it's a black void around Izuku and then everything is visible but mute to the point it's disorienting. The dirt crumbled from intense heat and froze with fog close to the ground. The ground shattered from the kinetic blast outward and then everything went still as everything near was stopped by the absorbed kinetic energy. From a distance, it looked like an apocalypse over and over again.

When the adults called it a day and they finished eating, Ragdoll gathered them around to have some fun. "A test of courage! 1B will go into the woods and prep an area to scare 1A coming through!" She said giddy.

Izuku's class was paired off and he was with Ojiro. Tooru came up to them and just as she was going to say something. "No switching!" Mandalay's voice reached them. Tooru pouted and sulked off with a dejected look back at Izuku.

He gave her a reassuring smile and nodded to Ojiro in greeting, he nodded back. Izuku never had a reason to speak to the boy. When he was doing his analysis on everyone in the class to see if any of them would be a threat to him in any way, he ranked close to the bottom. Mandalay began to send them into the woods in intervals. Tooru paired with Jirou was the second pair to go in.