The Hat

⚠️Slight Cuss Warning⚠️

You let your hair cover your face in hopes you wouldn't be recognized. Leading you by rope, the shy guys took you to Bowser's throne room. You felt uneasy as you thought about what could happen to you. You'd been on thin ice with Bowser for years, and he had the authority to end your life with the snap of his fingers. As you entered the throne room, you heard the guards murmur among themselves.

"Is it really her?"
"Steven, you told me she died!"

Bowser sat on his throne, as terrifying as ever. Next to him was Kamek, who looked stunned to see you alive.

"Y/N..." You heard him whisper. The shy guys threw you to the ground, causing your hood to fall off.

"We found her in the dark lands" The snifit told Bowser. You heard a low growl from him before he stood up to approach you.

"You always were the distant one, weren't you, Y/N?" He asked in a fake-friendly tone. You remained silent.

"Tell me, did you happen to see anything... interesting out there? A human perhaps?"

You nearly stopped breathing, knowing he could be talking about Luigi, or even his brother. Luigi's life was probably at stake already, and you didn't want it to get any worse. Now on your knees, you shook your head, hoping he'd believe your lies. But then, one of the shy guys stepped in front of her, presenting the hat Luigi lost.

"Dammit... the hat." You mumbled. Using his magic, Kamek lifted the hat towards Bowser.

"So, there's a second one.." He remarked, examining it. Your heart paced in worry of Luigi, and why Bowser was after humans. And worse, what he would do to them. Bowser looked back down at you.

"I will ask you one time, and one time only: What do you know about him?" Still being restrained, your fear quickly turned into anger. Anger of his power, of his greed, and his killing.

"I won't tell you anything" You said sternly. Bowser's face quickly began to burn with anger. Out of nowhere, you felt the ropes on your arms untie, and you levitated towards the fuming koopa king. Behind you, Kamek motioned his wand for you to freeze inches away from Bowser. 

"I think you should reconsider." Bowser snarled, signaling Kamek to shock you. He was hesitant, and froze at the thought of harming you himself. But it only took a threatening look from Bowser for him to comply. 

You yelped as every inch of your body was struck by his magic. Groaning in pain, you struggled to keep it together. It was the worst pain you'd ever felt. In fact, your skin felt ready to burn right off by the time it stopped.

"Now, are you ready to talk?" Bowser asked you coldly.

You gasped for air, heavily considering it. However, as your desperation grew, so did your anger. Your hatred for Bowser was growing by the second, and you were already his enemy. So, there was no point in confessing now, right?

"Y-you'll.. you'll never find him. You'll never find either of them!" You spat out, still out of breath.

Kamek's magic rushed through your veins once again. But this time, it didn't stop. 

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT HIM?!!" Bowser roared.

Persevering, you didn't tell him a word. This only caused the shocks to get stronger. Your chest felt about to explode, and your entire body felt on fire. Finally, you became too weak to scream any longer, and your breaths grew short.

At last, the shocks ended, and you fell to the floor. Finally feeling your blood flowing, you breathed heavily.

"Do as you're told child." You heard Kamek's voice tell you sternly, seeming unconcerned of your suffering.

That did it.

"A-all of this.. o-over a few humans??" You coughed out. "That's.. that's just pathetic... you're no king, Bowser. You're a COWARD. A monster t-too. All of you are... I'll...I'll never be one of you..." Your head fell back to the floor, having no strength left.

"GET HER OUT OF MY SIGHT!" You heard him yell before losing consciousness. The guards fearfully complied and dragged you away.

Kamek watched regretfully, seeing who was now his enemy. The screams replayed in his head, and it only made the guilt worse. Struggling to keep his composure, several tears ran underneath his glasses.

"I'm sorry dear..

~Timeskip~

You woke up being placed in a cage. Still weakened, you grasped the bars, processing what was happening. Then, it came back to you;

You'd done something terrible.

Looking around, you saw a koopa pull a lever, causing you to fall. Screaming, you held onto the bars for dear life. When you reached the bottom, the cage bounced, causing the back of your head to hit a bar.

"AGH!"

Your ears rang as your vision distorted. Groaning, you put a hand on your head. That would definitely leave a bruise.

Suddenly, you heard childish giggling. Still dizzy, you looked up to see a blue luma, who was swinging in his cage.

"Another batch of meat!" You heard him cheer. The world nearly stopped spinning when you heard that.

He wasn't talking about you, right...?

"Pay him no heed." A voice told you.

"Yeah, he's crazy!!" Another added.

"In an insane world, it is the sane who is called crazy." The luma responded joyfully.

"Aren't you just a bundle of joy." You mumbled, suffering from an intense headache. You sat on your knees as you stared at the floor. It was hopeless now. You would die a prisoner of Bowser, and no one would care. Not even Kamek. There was no one to save you, and no one to comfort you. And all for a human you barely knew.

A human, and some hope.

You cringed at your stupidity of even thinking this would work out. In fact, that was probably what made you a human, and not a koopa.

The weakness.

You hugged your knees as your eyes burnt of tears. Your life was at an end, and you knew it. And now, Bowser knew about Luigi too. With his power, it wouldn't be hard to find him either. Blinking the tears away, you hoped he'd make it out of the dark lands quick enough.

You hoped. That same awful thing that got you into this mess.