Wedding Bells

⚠️Slight Cuss Warning⚠️

Curled up in your cage, your unease grew stronger and stronger. Each second was leading you closer to your firey death, and you were unable to stop it. Your breaths were quick and shallow, and you trembled intensely. The end felt so close, and you despised every minute of it. To make matters worse, the panic of the other prisoners was deafening, and it wouldn't stop. From the penguin's screams to Luigi's rapid breathing, no one could keep it together, and neither could you.

Suddenly, you felt your cage move, and the prisoners' cries stopped. The cages were lifted from the lava pit, and began to float.

"Finally, mercy." The luma sighed happily.

It was time.

Your legs shook as you began to stand up. Now, each breath took your entire body weight. You couldn't talk, and you could hardly think either. As the cages approached the wedding venue, an overture played. In the midst of this, Luigi looked at you fearfully, whimpering at what would be both your fates.

God, where was that hope now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cages dangling in front of the altar, Bowser's bride was shocked to see the prisoners. Kamek stood in the middle of the altar, but immediately froze when he saw you. The panic and desperation in your eyes pained him. And for the first time, seeing a prisoner die made him want to die, too.

"I'll be sacrificing them in your honor." Bowser told his bride. "Lower the prisoners!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The chains began to unravel, bringing each prisoner closer to the lava. Holding the bars tightly, you felt your life crashing down on you. Now hardly breathing, several tears fell down your cheeks. It was all over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Underneath his glasses, Kamek blinked away his own tears, and turned back to Bowser and his lovely bride. Forcing a smile, he opened a book, and began to read aloud.

"Ahem, dearly bel-" Bowser's bride (Who happened to be Princess Peach) punched him in the face, cutting him off. This shocked the guests, and Bowser shot her a confused and insulted look.

"You really thought I'd marry you?" Peach asked.

"Kinda?"

"I'd never marry a monster." She told him, pulling an ice flower out of her bouquet. Her dress turned blue, and she now had ice abilities.

Shaking off his disappointment, Bowser's anger quickly showed.

"Then we are breaking up. RIGHT NOW!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As your cage lowered, you couldn't help but notice the all the yelling. And though your focus remained on the lava, you were pretty sure weddings were supposed to be happy. Then, to your surprise, the cages stopped moving. Gasping, you looked at Luigi, then at the gears. You were shocked to see that the gears were now frozen, and unable to lower the cages. You exhaled deeply, still shocked, yet so grateful. As Peach battled the wedding guests above, your heartbeat finally began to slow down.

However, this didn't last long. As you regained your composure, you heard a cracking sound. Looking up, you froze at the sight of the ice breaking.

"Sh!t.. no no no no.." You whispered.

You heard an explosion as the ice shattered, making the gears turn even faster. The others started screaming again, desperate for escape. Panicking, you tried to kick open the cage door, but the lock was too strong.

Cage reaching the bottom, you shrieked as lava began to enter your cage. Avoiding your fiery death, you climbed the bars as your heart pounded in fear. Your hands sweated from the heat, making it even more difficult to hold the bars. With your head against the roof of your cage, you shut your eyes tightly as the lava got closer and closer.

Just before the lava reached your foot, you felt the cage stop. Opening your eyes, you realized the cages were being lifted up. Now without a floor to stand on, you held onto the bars tightly. Still trembling, you took a deep breath as you were pulled away from the lava. Looking next to you, you saw Luigi without a floor either. However, he was struggling even more to hold onto the bars. Your relief immediately disappeared as you saw him start to slip.

"Grab the chains!" You yelled. He glanced at you for a split second and tried to do this, but only for him to slip even more. Now grasping the cage with one hand, his strength gave out on him, and he fell.

"LUIGI!!" Your heart immediately sank as his screams filled your ears.

But then, right before he fell into the lava, something flew by, taking Luigi with it. Eyes widened, you looked around to see what happened.

"Lu!"

"Mario?!"

For less than a second, you saw a man in a tanooki costume, flying Luigi to safety. Gasping in relief, you watched until they were out of sight.

Grabbing the roof of your cage, you climbed up, having more success than Luigi did. Still unable to see what was happening, you climbed the chains to get a better look. Your mind raced with what felt like a thousand thoughts. The fear, the joy, the memories. It was all there. Climbing cautiously, something in you savored the hope that it would all be okay soon.

As you neared the top, you heard Bowser's voice again.

"LAUNCH THE BOMBER BILL AND DESTROY THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM!!!"

Almost immediately, a giant bomber bill was launched into the sky. Your jaw dropped, knowing how much destruction these could cause. Not long after, Mario flew after it, hoping to stop it somehow.

Regaining yourself, you quickly climbed the remainder of the chains, seeing Bowser's body trapped in ice. However, he broke free, and charged towards the remaining people at the wedding, including Luigi. You watched as Peach and Donkey Kong took lead, striking at the infuriated koopa. Behind them, Luigi was frozen in terror, and a red toad rushed towards Peach, who had already been thrown to the side.

"They won't last against him." You thought aloud. Then, your eyes fell on Kamek, who was struggling to get up.

You had an idea, but there was one problem with it..

..... it had a price:

You had to jump.

~Bonus Art~

A bonus drawing of Y/N and Luigi in their cages! Kind of sucks, but... it exists.

 it exists