Thirty-Six: owie he stabbed me

SEN

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

"PERCY GOT STABBED BY A SCORPION?!" Sen shrieked as she ran with Annabeth to the infirmary.

"No, stung. He got stung by a scorpion." Annabeth reported. "Chiron and I found him. We don't even know what..." She stopped talking, and Sen didn't blame her. The girls pushed through towards the back of the infirmary, finding Percy on the bed, and a healer leaving. Chiron's human form was next to the bed.

Annabeth grabbed a cup of nectar and put a straw in it, handing it to Sen. She shoved it in Percy's mouth and used her other hand to hold Percy's- one of his hands was bandaged and looked like a balloon- and she waited patiently for Percy to wake up.

And when he did, he looked more confused than anything.

Annabeth dabbed a washcloth on his forehead. Argus was in the corner, watching with most of his eyes.

Percy cracked a small smile even though he turned from a cute tanned boy to Edward Scissorhands. "Here we are again."

"You idiot." Annabeth barked, which is how Sen knew she was overjoyed to see Percy conscious. "You were green and turning gray when we found you. If it weren't for Chiron's healing..."

"Now, now." Chiron said. "Percy's constitution deserves some of the credit."

Sen brushed Percy's hair aside. "How are you feeling?"

"Like my insides have been frozen, then microwaved." Percy answered.

"Apt, considering that was pit scorpion venom. Now you must tell me, if you can, exactly what happened." Chiron sighed.

Percy looked uneasy. Sen frowned. "Do you need me to go get you anything? Do I need to splash you with a pail of saltwater?"

"No... but that might be nice." Percy shrugged. "No, it's just..."

In between sips of nectar, he explained the story.

You will be betrayed by the one who calls you a friend.

"Luke." Sen whispered once Percy was done. She didn't know why she didn't trust herself. She knew something was wrong with Luke. She knew it. Something about his soul... it hadn't been right. Like Yin and Yang, except Yin was beginning to take over.

"I can't believe that Luke..." Annabeth's voice faltered. Her expression turned angry and sad. Lightning flashed in her stormy eyes as her lips turned into the most sorrowful yet enraged frown Sen had ever laid eyes on. "Yes. Yes, I can believe it. May the gods curse him... He was never the same after his quest."

"This must be reported to Olympus." Chiron murmured. "I will go at once."

"Luke is out there right now." Percy said. "I have to go after him." He was still the color of moldy seaweed, so Sen didn't think that was a very good idea.

Chiron shook his head. "No, Percy. The gods-"

"Won't even talk about Kronos." Percy snapped, even bucking up a little bit. "Zeus declared the matter closed!"