Forty-Two: Sen is weirdly sweet

SEN

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

"New clothes?" Tyson questioned as he looked at the two blue backpacks Sen had to buy from the store. Tyson's clothes were so large they didn't all fit in one, and they didn't have XL backpacks.

"Yeah, buddy." Sen smiled as she led him on. "Clean clothes. You've got a bunch of nice new stuff in there. Once a week, we take them to get cleaned by the naiads."

"Naiads?"

"Water spirits." Sen explained. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Percy sitting on her hammock, eating leftover cookies.

Tyson instantly got excited. "Percy is my new brother?" He giggled.

Sen nodded. "Yes..." She took one look at Percy's vacant expression and urged Tyson on. "But, this is all a bit of a shock to him. Let's give him some space."

Tyson frowned. "Percy... does not want to be my brother?"

"No, no, no!" Sen shot down. "Don't ever say that, Tyson. Percy's just very surprised. He thought he was the only son of Poseidon, you see. Everyone did."

Tyson seemed to accept this. "I will make Percy glad to be my brother."

Sen didn't know how well that would work out. "Look! We're here! Come on, Tyson." She led the Cyclops inside, already savoring the smell of the sea breeze. It was still empty inside. Percy hadn't even fully moved in yet.

Still, Sen knew where his bunk was. She had forgotten to make up the sheets after she slept in it. "This one is Percy's, so you have to choose a different one."

Tyson chose the bunk right next to it.

He sat on it, smiling. "Soft."

Sen nodded. "Yes, the bunks here are very nice. Do you like it in here?"

"Smell nice."

"Good!" Sen grinned. "Do you have everything you need? Toothbrush, soap, clothes..."

Tyson dug through his bags. "Yes, Sen."

"You know when to use those things, right?"

Tyson nodded. "Shower every morning. Change after. Brush teeth after. Brush teeth before bed."

Sen grinned. "Awesome. And remember, I'm just down in Cabin 11, on the porch. You can stop by if you ever need me, but you have to be careful about the harpies."

"Where going?" Tyson frowned as Sen started to leave.

"I have to get ready for bed." Sen explained. "After dark, campers have to be in their own cabins. You'll be okay, right?"

Tyson nodded. "Have Percy."

Sen turned away. "Good. Sleep good, Tyson!"

As she walked down the courtyard, several people started snickering and giving her sideways looks. Even people Sen used to consider friends were whispering, pointing, dropping their voices, and avoiding eye contact.