Seventy-One: Nico needs to calm tf down

SEN

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

Sen stood defensively in front of her friends, one of her fans close to her neck, the other right before her torso. She came back into visibility, and heard Bianca gasp.

Sen huffed, "Nico, watch your fucking language."

Nico was absolutely breathless and amazed. "Wha- What the-"

For a split second, Dr. Thorn was taken by surprise, so his first volley of missiles zipped harmlessly over everyone's heads. This gave Thalia, Annabeth, and Grover a chance to advance from behind- Thalia wielding her magic shield, Aegis.

If you've never seen Thalia run into battle, you have never been truly frightened. She uses a huge spear that expands from this collapsible Mace canister she carries in her pocket,but that's not the scary part. Her shield is modeled after one her dad Zeus uses- also called Aegis- a gift from Athena. The shield has the head of the gorgon Medusa molded into the bronze, and even though it won't turn you to stone, it's so horrible, most people will panic and run at the sight of it.

Even Dr. Thorn winced and growled when he saw it.

Thalia moved in with her spear. "For Zeus!"

Thalia jabbed at his head, but he snarled and swatted the spear aside. His hand changed into an orange paw, with enormous claws that sparked against Thalia's shield as he slashed. If it hadn't been for Aegis, Thalia would've been sliced like a loaf of bread. As it was, she managed to roll backward and land on her feet.

"Percy!" Sen commanded. "Keep Bianca and Neeks safe!"

"WHAT THE FUCK IS A NEEK?!"

Sen rushed in. She immediately made a go for the tail- probably the most powerful part- but Thorn was all too fast. He whirled around and Sen barely had time to dodge the slash he made with his claws. Annabeth raked her knife against his side, but it mostly seemed to irritate him rather than do damage.

Dr. Thorn launched another volley of missiles at Thalia with the tail that bristled with spikes at the tip. The missiles deflected off Aegis, but the force of their impact knocked Thalia down.

Grover sprang forward. He put his reed pipes to his lips and began to play- a frantic jig that sounded like something pirates would dance to. Grass broke through the snow. Within seconds, rope-thick weeds were wrapping around Dr. Thorn's legs, entangling him.

Dr. Thorn roared and began to change. He grew larger until he was in his true form- his face still human, but his body was that of a huge lion. His leathery, spiky tail whipped deadly thorns in all directions.

"Manticore!" Annabeth announced. She nimbly flipped backward to avoid the manticore's claws.

"Who are you people?" Bianca di Angelo demanded. "And what is that?"

"A manticore?" Nico gasped. "He's got three thousand attack power and plus five to saving throws!"

"No Mythomagic!" Sen called as she flew up to dodge the spikes from the Manticore's tail.

The manticore clawed Grover's magic weeds to shreds then turned toward Bianca, Nico, and Percy with a snarl.

"Get down!" Sen pushed the di Angelos and Percy flat into the snow. At the last second, Percy seemed to remember his own shield. He hit his wristwatch, and metal plating spiraled out into a thick bronze shield. Not a moment too soon. The thorns impacted against it with such force they dented the metal. The beautiful shield, a gift from his brother, was badly damaged. Sen doubted it would stop a second volley.