One Hundred and Sixteen: Nice hole (with rizz)

SEN

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

That night after dinner, Quintus had everyone suit up in combat armor like they were getting ready for capture the flag, but the mood among the campers was a lot more serious. Sometime during the day the crates in the arena had disappeared, and Sen had a feeling whatever was in them had been emptied into the woods.

"Right." Quintus said, standing on the big table. "Gather 'round."

He was dressed in black leather and bronze. In the torchlight, his gray hair made him look like a ghost. Mrs. O'Leary bounded happily around him, foraging for dinner scraps. Rafael was, too, though he also had a chew toy and seemed to be trying to get Mrs. O'leary to play with him.

"You will be in teams of two." Quintus announced. When everybody started talking and trying to grab their friends, he yelled: "Which have already been chosen!"

"AWWWWW!" Everybody complained.

Sen looked down. She hoped she wasn't with someone she didn't like, such as Sugar Kline, or Mark.

She glanced around. She hoped the got partnered up with Percy. He glanced at her and smiled, and Sen smiled back before looking away.

EW! WHY ARE YOU BLUSHING?!

"Your goal is simple: collect the gold laurels without dying. The wreath is wrapped in a silk package, tied to the back of one of the monsters. There are six monsters. Each has a silk package. Only one holds the laurels. You must find the wreath before the other teams. And, of course... you will have to slay the monster to get it, and stay alive."

The crowd started murmuring excitedly. The task sounded pretty straightforward. Hey, they'd all slain monsters before. That's what they trained for.

"I will now announce your partners." Quintus said. "There will be no trading. No switching. No complaining."

"Aroooof!" Mrs. O'Leary and Rafael began playing a very intense game of wrestle.

Quintus produced a big scroll and started reading off names. Beckendorf would be with Silena Beauregard, which Beckendorf looked pretty happy about. The Stoll brothers, Travis and Connor, would be together. No surprise. They did everything together. Clarisse was with Lee Fletcher from the Apollo cabin- melee and ranged combat combined, they would be a tough combo to beat. Sen was already thinking of their weaknesses when Quintus announced, "Percy Jackson with Sen Hoa."

Sen pumped her fist as Percy said, "Sweet!"

She walked over to him, and gave him a high-five. Last time they'd done a war game together, they accidentally ended up tag-teaming Thalia. As Sen started fixing the straps of Percy's armor, several campers started whispering about how hard it'd be to beat them.

"We're unstoppable." Percy grinned.

"Hell yeah." Sen gleamed.

"Annabeth Chase with Malcolm Pace. Grover Underwood," Quintus said. "with Tyson."

Grover just about jumped out of his goat fur. "What? B-but-"