One Hundred and Thirty-Eight: Sen is loopy

SEN

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

Luke pointed at Ethan Nakamura. "You- you're a weakling. Prove yourself, and kill the girl."

Sen frowned. "Uh?"

Every monster in the audience drew a weapon or extended its claws. The demigods were trapped. Hopelessly outnumbered.

Ethan pulled his sword out, and turned on Sen. "I don't want to do this."

"Then don't." Sen pleaded. She reached a hand out, and Ethan held his sword a little tighter, a subtle warning. She backed into a wall and slid down. "Ethan... Ethan, isn't it obvious that we still care about each other? Isn't it clear to see? I did what I did because... because I couldn't bear to kill you, Ethan."

Ethan faltered. His sword slowly lowered. "You... Even after everything I-"

"Yes." Sen nodded, speaking as gently as she possibly could. Ethan knelt to her level. Sen leaned forward and put a hand on Ethan's sword to lower it more. "I understand now, Ethan. I understand why."

Ethan shuddered. "You... You see? You... You understand that I-" He gulped. "Sen, I'm doing this-"

"For me." Sen whispered. She gave a gentle smile as she put her hand on Ethan's cheek. "The gods are cruel, Ethan. I understand now. Being in the Labyrinth has opened my eyes." She ran her thumb over one of Ethan's scars. His eye teared up.

"Remember when we were together?" Sen whispered. "How perfect we were? How great of a match we were? We can have that again, Ethan. You just have to let me live."

Ethan dropped the sword. "O... Okay."

Sen closed her eyes and leaned in. Ethan's breathing was tight. "Just trust me, Ethan."

"I will."

Sen had no idea what happened. It was like her finger tips throbbed all of a sudden. She watched her nails elongate and blacked before turning into sharp, thin points almost like needles. They dripped with something, and Sen realized.

Wasp stinger.

She grabbed Ethan's cheek on his blind side and jabbed all five stingers into it. He screamed as Sen shoved him off of her, intense poison coursing through his skin. Sen somehow knew it was stronger than normal wasps. The gate was open. Mrs. O'leary was getting closer. Percy stared behind Sen, studying Ethan's screaming and hunched form, but Sen shook her head as she ran.

Sen grabbed Percy. "Go! Go! Ignore him!"

She put a hand on his shoulder as Rachel and Annabeth broke through. They all ran, Mrs. O'leary right behind him, and Sen forced herself to ignore the sharp pain of Ethan's scream.

"This way!" Rachel yelled.

"Why should we follow you?" Annabeth demanded. "You led us straight into that death trap!"

"It was the way you needed to go." Rachel said. "And so is this. Come on!"

Annabeth didn't look happy about it, but she ran along with the rest of the demigods. Rachel seemed to know exactly where she was going. She whipped around corners and didn't even hesitate at crossroads. Once she said, "Duck!" and they all crouched as a huge axe swung over their heads. Then, they kept going as if nothing had happened.