One Hundred and Nine: Percy sets the school on fire... again.

PERCY

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

The last thing Percy wanted to do on his  summer break was blow up another school. But there he was Monday morning, the first week of June, sitting in his mom's car in front of Goode High School on East 81st.

Goode was this big brownstone building overlooking the East River. A bunch of BMWs and Lincoln Town Cars were parked out front. Staring up at the fancy stone archway, Percy wondered how long it would take him to get kicked out of this place.

"Just relax." Sally didn't sound relaxed. "It's only an orientation tour. And remember, dear, this is Paul's school. So try not to... you know."

"Destroy it?"

"Yes."

Paul Blofis, Sally's boyfriend, was standing out front, greeting future ninth graders as they came up the steps. With his salt-and-pepper hair, denim clothes, and leather jacket, he reminded Percy of a TV actor, but he was just an English teacher. He'd managed to convince Goode High School to accept Percy for ninth grade, despite the fact that he'd gotten kicked out of every school he'd ever attended. Percy tried to warn him it wasn't a good idea, but he wouldn't listen.

Percy looked at Sally. "You haven't told him the truth about me, have you?"

She tapped her fingers nervously on the wheel. She was dressed up for a job interview- her best blue dress and high-heeled shoes.

"I thought we should wait." She admitted.

"So we don't scare him away." Percy frowned.

"I'm sure orientation will be fine, Percy. It's only one morning."

"Great." Percy mumbled. "I can get expelled before I start the school year."

"Think positive. Tomorrow you're off to camp! After orientation, you've got your date-"

"It's not a date!" Percy protested. "It's just Sen, mom, Jeez!" Just Sen, who Percy had been crushing on hardcore for a very long time now. Just Sen, who Percy dreamed about and wanted nothing more than to see her again. Yep. Just Sen.

Sally raised an eyebrow. "She's coming all the way from camp to see you."

"Yeah..." Percy blushed.

"You're going to the movies."

"Mom-"

"Just the two of you."

"W-Well-"

"You're going alone to the movies with your crush."

"Mom, seriously!" Percy groaned, resting his elbows on the dashboard and holding his hair in his hands. He could feel the coarseness of the grey streak, though it wasn't grey anymore- he and Sen had died it blue for Christmas.

Sally held up her hands in surrender, but Percy could tell she was trying hard not to smile. "You'd better get inside, dear. I'll see you tonight."