Chapter 11

"I don't know how you guys did it but when others tried to buy this property and renovate this house weird things happened," said Carol as they got out of the car.

"Well Vicky was adamant with us about purchasing this land and house," said Irene.

"Vicky?" Carol asked puzzled.

"Our daughter," the couple answered in unison.

"You guys have another daughter?"  Carol asked feeling hurt that Douglas didn't tell her she has a niece.

"Yeah we adopted her and our son Noel years ago," Douglas replied.

"So where are they?" Carol asked.

"Well Vicky is a singer and Noel took her to the studio to talk to her manager. You'll meet them when we come back to officially get settled in," replied Douglas.

The couple then got back in the car not noticing the angry person who stood at the window looking down on them.

Emily Bennett glared at the persons who were leaving the yard in anger. She was angry to know that her family's ancestral land was sold to some unknown persons.

The Bennett witches' souls were all stuck to the land since it held their magic. The others could only watch in horror as the old building was broken and torn down. Emily and Sheila tried to stop it by channelling magic from the surrounding and injuring the workers. However they realized that after a while nothing was working.

They had thought that maybe they lost their magic due to the house being torn down. However, Emily overheard one of the workers talk about how they were going to quit but their employer tripled their pay. She was trying contact Bonnie however something seems to be stopping her. She hopes her young descendant can solve this.

Meanwhile Vicky looked at Enzo who just called her mate. She started to hyperventilate not noticing the once happy vampire was looking at her with concern.

"Stay back," she shouted as he tried to approach her. Vicky ran into Noel's arms as he hugged his fear stricken sister/master. He lifted her into his arms and carried her away ignoring Enzo's jealous and hurt gaze.

Enzo was miserable throughout the years he was held hostage and tortured by the doctors of Augustine. He had given up on the thought of finding a mate. He once had a thing for Damon Salvatore as they exchanged a few kisses and touches during their captivity together. However, after the blue eyed raven haired male left him after breaking his heart, Enzo thought he didn't deserve love.

He was minding his own business after just being sliced open and injected with vervain when he heard noise. He didn't pay any attention to it since it's always noisy but then he smelled her. The flowery sense of her blood that was pumping through her veins.

The alluring smell excited him more as she approached but he didn't want to respond as he thought she was a new doctor. However after he looked into her sparkling but dangerous brown eyes, he knew she was his mate.

He was really happy that she was here and she even set his free from this prison, but when he acknowledged her relationship to him she backed away. His heart broke seeing the terror that showed in her eyes and sadness took over as he saw her leap into another man's arms.

"What's wrong little bug?" Noel asked.

"Lion, I thought after I came to this world I wouldn't have to interact with anyone from the tvd universe. That changed when I decided to rescue Enzo. Everyone in this world are either harbingers of death or stuck so far up Elena Gilbert's ass that they lose people they love," said a sad Vicky.

"But I'm here to protect you," said Noel.

"But how can I have a mate when I'm not from this world and he's one of the few people who die. Plus I'm also scared," said Vicky as a tear fell from her eye.

"What are you scared of?" Noel asked as he carried her out of the building since he knew Qetsiyah and his parents had everything under control.

"He's not mine. He's supposed fall in love with Bonnie Bennett. What if they meet and he leaves me for her? I've had my heart broken once, I don't think I can handle it again," said Vicky now sobbing into her brother's chest.

"Umm I'm sorry for eavesdropping and I might not understand most of the stuff you said but I'm glad you're my mate. I don't know who this Bonnie Bennett is and I honestly don't care but I know that my soul was made to be with yours and if I have to spend eternity proving my love for you then I will. So please you don't have to accept me now but at least think about it," said Enzo as he had followed the duo outside after receiving a daylight ring from Qetsiyah. The witch saw the male was about to risk it all and chase after her master and so she gave him the ring she prepared.

"It will take some time to get used to but, I'll try and give you a chance however until then can you give me some time please," she said before walking away as she wiped her tears.

"She'll accept the bond sooner than she thinks. She's been through a lot so once she sees that you are here for her then everything will be alright," said Noel as he pat Enzo on the shoulder.

"I've waited for one hundred and forty two years, I don't mind waiting longer until she's ready," the black haired vampire responded as he smiled at the taller male.

"Well it looks like it's time to go so come on,"said Noel as he walked ahead with Enzo trailing behind him.

The male was really happy that all these years of waiting weren't for naught. However, he was going to fulfill his promise to his best friend Maggie and check on her remaining family and avenge her death.