Chapter 28

Elena jumped up as she screamed out in fear as tears ran down her face profusely. Her messy bed head, red eyes and tear stricken face reflected through the bedroom mirror as she shivered in fright.

She hated it.

Why was she born with this face?

Why?

Millions of scenarios ran through her mind as she brought her knees up to her chest cradling them as she rocked back and forth while tears continued to run down her face.

'Was it all a dream?' she thought before shaking her head.

"No it was too real to be a dream," she whispered to herself but she didn't really believe that.

The sight of her dead parents, Isabel who burned in the sun alive right in front of her, a dead Jeremy, John's death, it all plagued her mind. These people all died either because of her or because of her face. 

Panicking, Elena hurriedly got out of the bed and rummaged through the room for something sharp when she suddenly found a pair of scissors. She raised it ready to disfigure her face but the sound of a familiar voice laughing at her caused the scissors to fall from her hands.

"Why? Why?" she kept asking herself as ore tears fell from her eyes and the sound of mocking laughter filled her ears. 

She couldn't stop hearing the haunting sound of Vicky's voice in her head as she had collapsed in the bed trying to stop the sound of the annoying laughter.

"She's going to kill me," said Elena as she suddenly got up out of the bed again and started pacing around the place. She then decided it  needed to be done. She rushed for the scissors and started to drag its sharp edge across her pale ivy cheeks as the scent of her blood filled the air.

This was the scene Stefan and Damon stumbled upon as they went to check on Elena's wellbeing. After all their plan failed and John was beheaded by Alaric who was still missing. The scent of her blood overwhelmed their vampiric senses.

"Elena, are you okay?" Stefan asked as he watched his girlfriend walk back and forth the room muttering she's going to kill me while tears ran down her face. 

"Elena?" Damon called out as he tried to reach for her when he noticed the bloody scissors and her now scarred face only for her to be pulled into his brother's arms. This made him feel hurt and sad. He couldn't help looking at the teeth mark scar that boldly took a spot on his wrist. 

However, Stefan was busy trying to heal her as he immediately bit his arm and brought his bleeding wrist to her mouth as her scars healed running her face to its once unblemished state.

"Stefan?" she asked looking at him confused as she just realised he was in the room with her, completely ignoring Damon's presence.

"I'm here," he said.

"It's not safe here, she won't stop until she kills us," said Elena as she persuaded her boyfriend to allow her and her brother to leave Mystic Falls.

"No," said Damon who outright objected.

"It's not your decision to make," she shouted.

"Why are we the one who have to leave?"

"Why should we give her the satisfaction?" he added getting angrier.

"No Damon she's won, it's best we leave," said Elena but the raven haired male didn't want to listen to anymore of her bullshit so he decided to use the last few moments of life he had to try and drive Klaus, Vicky and her followers out of his town.

Meanwhile, Noel and the others were worried about Vicky who currently was unconscious. The ritual worked as planned and Klaus was able to remove his curse but at the cost of Vicky falling unconscious because of using her blood to break the curse.

When she had informed Klaus about this he didn't want to risk it but she shut him down immediately.The only reason he drained Elena's blood until she fell unconscious was just a ploy to get the group to fear him along with revenge for them killing his warlock. The look on their face when they thought Elena was dead brought him a sense of pleasure that revealed when he dropped the girl's body to the ground. A smirked appeared as he used his tongue to clean the excess blood on his lips.

~FLASHBACK~

Being in his wolf form made him feel free and he enjoyed those three days where he was able to run through the forest with his paws hitting the forest floor.

Sadly during his third day of running, he was lying on the ground when he heard something running towards his direction. At first he thought it was a vampire coming his way or something only to notice a light furred lion with white wings on its sides stampeding towards his direction.

It was the first time he saw such a creature and it alarmed him. His senses heightened more and alarm bells start to ring more in his head when it was approaching him.

Thinking quickly, the hybrid jumped to his feet instantly and started sprinting away. Sadly what he what didnt realize was that the lion liked to hunt as he roared in delight as he watched his prey try to outrun him.

He continued to steadily chase the wolf who thought he could escape before flapping his wings and flying into the air and using the trees to hide his body. Klaus had turned his head to see how close the lion was when he noticed it wasn't there anymore. 

'Was I perhaps hallucinating?' he asked himself in thought when all of a sudden a heavy load fell on top of him causing him to drop to the ground. He tried to move when he was suddenly turned on his back and he came face to face with the alleged winged beast.

'Hello my love, how does it feel to be in your wolf form?' the lion asked telepathically shocking the hybrid.

'Noel?' he said in his mind shocked wondering how the male was like this and how he heard him in his mind.

'Yes it's me love," he replied as he ran his tongue on his mate's furred cheek.

He continued to use his tongue to assault the hybrid male's dark fur causing Klaus to whelp in shock when the male's tongue got closer to his privates. Klaus tried to run once again as he kicked the lion away and turned on his stomach ready to run when the scruff of his neck was caught and he was lifted up and carried away.

He tried to kick and fight but nothing worked as the happy winged lion carried his hybrid male back to his home. He arrived outside the familiar warm home as he used his tail to pull the door and enter before closing back the door and prancing to his room still with his male.

"Was that your brother carrying a wolf in his mouth?" Irene asked her daughter through the laptop screen. The couple were on a video call with their daughter from their vacation resort.

"Oh that's your new son-in-law," Victoria answered nonchalantly causing Douglas to spit out his drink.

"No babies or sudden pregnancies while we're on vacation," he shouted.

"Honey, Noel and his mate are males, I don't think we have anything to worry about," Irene said.

"Our daughter's a magical half vampire/ pop star and ruler of a town, while our son is a winged lion so I ain't ruling anything out," he answered causing the females to laugh.

~END OF FLASHBACK~