Chapter 13

"So you gonna tell me what happened?" Noel asked as he looked at his sister.

"He deserved it, coming up and trying to threaten me and when I went to the counter to pay I heard him tell his brother oh how the pathetic druggy should of stayed dead now we have more to handle," replied Victoria.

"Anyways where are we going ?" she asked looking at her brother. Honestly even though Noel was her spirit guardian, after he took human form and they bonded he really felt like her brother.

"Mom and dad said they'll be at the Lockwood residence so we should meet them there when I pick you up since dad wants to introduce us to his cousin Carol," replied Noel.

"Oh she's the former mayor's wife. Him and his son are untriggered werewolves. Bonnie didn't deactivate the device so all supernaturals were affected and since the mayor fainted they assumed he was a vampire so he died in the fire with all the tomb ones," explained Victoria.

"So what are you going to do?" Noel asked.

"To keep our family safe I am going to meet with all the council members of this town," she said.

"You're going to join it?" Noel asked.

"No I'm gonna run it," she said seriously as they arrived at the Lockwood mansion.

The brother-sister duo exited the car together when something flew and landed on her head. "What took you so long," said Clover as he nestled his body into the brown locks.

"I'm sorry Clover I wanted to explore," she explained to the sparrow.

"Then you should of carried me with you. Do you know how much hours of sleep I lost when you left me all alone?" Clover cried out causing the duo to laugh.

"I'm sorry your highness, now that I am here you can go and rest," she said as she gently pet the sparrow as he went to sleep.

"What a lazy bird," said Noel as he laughed at his sister's predicament.

"Hey leave him alone," she said as she elbowed her brother.

"Alright alright," he said laughing at his and her pet.

They approached the mansion as Noel knocked on the door after teasing his sister for being short.

"Hello how may I help you," Carol asked as she opened the door.

"Vicky? Vicky Donovan?" she said looking at the girl surprised.

"Umm I'm so sorry but I'm not Vicky Donovan. I'm Victoria McKenzie, Douglas and Irene's daughter," she said with a smile.

"Dougie you have some explaining to do," shouted Carol as she allowed Vicky and Noel inside.

The family of four sat facing Carol Lockwood. The older woman was trying to get over the shock of knowing that her cousin and his wife were vampire hunters, their daughter is a half vampire and their son is a lion.

"Aunty Carol I am going to be honest with you. What you and the members of the council did was not something good for the town. You guys trust too easily and that will be your downfall plus you, Sheriff Forbes and Damon Salvatore are biased," started Vicky.

"What do you mean?" Carol asked.

"What right do you guys have to be members of the council when your late husband and son are werewolves, sheriff Forbes' daughter is a vampire and Damon Salvatore and his brother are vampires. Damon's blood turned Caroline even though he didn't kill her and he is the the cause of your so called mountain lion attacks," revealed Vicky.

"What!" the woman shouted shocked.

"Let's not forget that Bonnie Bennett and her late grandmother are witches and it was not only her but you guys as well that caused your husband's death but also the death of an innocent vampire and the accident that resulted in Caroline being in the hospital," Vicky continued.

"There's no innocent vampires," Carol argued.

"That's where you're wrong aunt Carol. There are persons who were turned into vampires without their consent and was killed for it. That innocent vampire you killed was a child whose mother was trapped under the tomb but her mother got killed and you guys killed her when she was going to leave town," explained Vicky.

"This town was the home of supernatural creatures and you and the so called 'founding family' only took up residence here and tried to drive out its original inhabitants. However I am different I want everyone to coexist and so I'll be taking over from the founding family," she said.

"But you can't," Carol shouted.

"I wasn't asking for your opinion. I'm just informing you of my plans and asking you to call a meeting tonight with all the members of the founding family," she said as she offered Carol some tea to which she drank.

"I won't," said Carol only to feel her chest tighten.

"You don't have a choice since the tea you drank is there to ensure you don't betray me or you might die," said Vicky as she got up ready to go home and prepare for the meeting.

"Dougie, Irene she can't be serious right now," said Carol to the parents.

"We support her one hundred percent Carol so just listen to what she has to bring before you make the wrong judgement," said the couple as they left allowing Carol to call the members of the council about the upcoming meeting.

The family of four arrived home as the parents reassured Victoria that what she did was the right choice. The couple knew that even though she acted tough in front of strangers she still a child when it comes to them. So they continue to support and give her all the love she deserves.

They finally arrived when Vicky spotted the ghost of Emily Bennett at one of the windows looking at her causing her to smirk.

"Mom,dad I forgot to tell you but this house used to belong to some witches and this land was where they lived so their souls are still here," said Vicky.

"Will they harm us?" Irene asked.

"They can't since Noel reinforced this place with his magic," said Vicky.

"Plus I've hidden my feathers throughout the building so they are harmless," Noel reassured.

Vicky walked into the house and towards the basement where the Bennett witches were when she came face to face with them.

"You're an anomaly," said Emily.

"Hello witches my name is Victoria Elizabeth McKenzie, formerly known as Victoria Elizabeth Taylor. You are all residing in my house and will be trapped in this room unless I allow you out since Emily has been a peeping Tom. I am only giving you one warning and that is if you mess with me I'll erase your existence. Oh and Sheila I won't hesitate to strip Bonnie of her magic with you guys and kill her if she messes with me or my family," said Vicky as she walked out of the room after installing fear into the witches and closing the basement door which glowed.