Chapter 23

Victoria was currently in her music room playing the new slow song she was going to release. The preparations for the ritual were already ready and all she needed to do was wait for Alaric to arrive with his end of the bargain before she proceeded with her plan. 

Victoria slowly pressed the keys and the slow but beautiful melody filled the room as she started the sad but dark song while channeling everything in here to arouse the right emotions. Like a siren performing her art, the lyrics left hurt mouth creating a spell-like aura around the room. 

It was like the song was searching for something or someone. The melody continued to travel as it conveyed the emotions its owner was feeling and finally, the target was found.

In a world, an alternate reality of the town Mystic Falls was a prison. Created by the Gemini witch coven, it was made to hold the most despicable criminals ever. A certain six feet dark brown haired male as he tried to go about his days in the hell he's been trapped in.

It was just another day of him being in the town all alone when he suddenly the sound of a beautiful voice as it resonated through the town.

With the taste of your lips, I'm on a ride

You're toxic, I'm slipping under 

Taste of a poison paradise

I'm addicted to you don't you know that you're toxic

And I love what you do

Don't you know that you're toxic

Malachai Parker, the prisoner of this realm felt his soul buzz as he heard the enchanting found. 

"What kind of torture is this?" he shouted as he felt the burn on his arm and his soulmate's initials appeared. This felt like pure agony for the male siphoner as he finally felt true despair. The persons that trapped him in this god-forsaken prison told him that he'd real pain, the same as the one his siblings' mates had felt the moment he brutally killed them but he didn't believe them.

Due to how badly his coven and family had treated him, Kai didn't believe he even had a mate. He grew up with the thought that an abomination like himself would not be granted anything from Mother Nature. All his life he was either ridiculed or abused for not having magic and this tormented him greatly.

His father told him the greatest mercy Mother Nature could grant him was if he committed suicide and rid the earth of filth like himself. What was left of his sanity broke when he heard that and he couldn't help but think of how life was unfair.

His soul was burning but he didn't believe that he would truly be unloved forever. So he tried to prove them wrong, he tried to show them that he had no need for magic and that he too would get a soulmate. He traveled far and when he located a witch who could help him find his soulmate, the witch revealed something that broke his whole being.

"I am sorry Mr. Parker but you don't have a soulmate," were the word the witch spoke.

"Why?" he shouted in disbelief.

"Your birth is something that brings an imbalance to nature and to ensure such imbalance doesn't grow and threaten nature's balance you weren't gifted a soulmate," she answered causing Kai to laugh hysterically as tears fell from his eyes.

The hope that once shone in his eyes diminished and now stood in an empty shell devoid of emotion. He reluctantly made his way home and tried his best to avoid people but his older brother took it too far and decided to shove his misfortune in his face and all his siblings joined.

The last string of sanity snapped and so Kai siphoned all his siblings' magic before torturing and killing them in the most brutal way possible. 

Now that he knew that he had a soulmate, Kai was happy. He ran around the town trying to find the location of his soulmate but sadly he didn't find her and the singing finally stopped leaving him in pain and sadness.

Meanwhile, Victoria suddenly stopped singing when she felt hands shaking her shoulder.

"What the hell?" she shouted as she looked at her brother in anger.

"Thank God I almost lost you," he said as brought her in for a deep hug.

"What do you?" she asked confused.

"Your soul was trying to leave your body and since when did you have magic?" he asked.

"I don't have any magic," she said.

"Well you were glowing," he said.

Victoria didn't know what he was talking about so she decided to ignore his question when she suddenly thought of teasing him.

" So to piss off Elena more I was thinking of setting Caroline up with Klaus like in the original timeline," she said causing Noel to shout out no.

"Yeah you're right I should pair with Stefan. I mean you could feel the gay tension rolling off the ripper," she said with a smile as she placed her chin between her thumb and index finger to act like she was seriously thinking about it.

"Sis, why do you want to ruin my love life before it even started?" Noel whined out as he looked at Victoria causing his ears and tail to pop out.

"Haha with the way you stalk Klaus, I wish you good luck," she said causing Noel to hit her with his tail playfully. He then transformed into his lion form and jumped on her causing her to fall. Sadly for him, Victoria had the upper hand as she started to scratch his ears causing him to surrender.

Their sibling moment was suddenly interrupted when she was notified by one of the vampire housekeepers that Alaric was here to see her. A smile appeared on her face when she heard this. Noel followed her out in his lion form when they saw an alive John Gilbert in Alaric's arms.

"He's still alive I see," said Victoria as she walked into the room.

"I couldn't bring myself to kill him," said Alaric sadly.

"It's fine and as promised you'll get Jenna so I suggest you go to the house and await her arrival," said Victoria as she grabbed John and dragged him out of the meeting house and towards the ritual sight.

Meanwhile, at the ritual sight, Klaus had tricked Elena that he had turned her aunt as he had compelled the woman to make her act like she was experiencing the same symptoms as someone who had just turned but not completely transitioned. Elijah had appeared to try and kill his brother when Victoria arrived along with John and the newly turned criminal.

"Let's get this ritual started," she said all excited as Elena looked at her in horror.