𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Just being by Raskolnikov's side is nerve-wracking for you.

Like, how in the world did people not find out that he was the murderer?

The man gets nervous when you say a word thag begins with the letter 'm'

Oh, wait, you forget, that police in the novels are blind and deaf turtles when they come to solve a case or catch the criminal.

"You are lucky that Sherlock doesn't exist" you mumble as you walk side by side with him.

"Sherlock?  Who is Sherlock... Is that your lover?" Raskolnikov demands.

You forgot that Conan Doyle still hasn't published Sherlock Holmes.

"I wish," you say, making the paranoid man more jealous than he already is.

"You are not allowed to think or speak about other men while walking with me" You raise an eyebrow.

"And why shouldn't I do that? You are not my real husband"

Rodion stops you in the middle of the sidewalk by grabbing into your arms tightly.

"If I see any lover nearby, I will do to him as I did to those two women" 

His voice is low and dark, making you feel small under his narrowed gaze.

"Sherlock is a fictional character" you state.

"What do you mean?" you sigh as he inquires.

"I mean you don't have to worry about any lovers, because they are all fictional"

"..."

"..."

You look away from the Russian, feeling embarrassed by your words because Rodion is staring at you.

However, the silence does not last.

"Tell me about those characters of yours,  and why you like them so much"

Your eyes widen in shock, not expecting him to ask about your interests.

"What do you want to know about them?"

"Are they ordinary or extraordinary?"

You are not even surprised, the ordinary and extraordinary is a theory that shows in crime and punishment.

To Raskolnikov, all men are divided into two categories. The Ordinary and extraordinary.

The ordinary man has to live in submission and has no right to transgress the law because he is ordinary.

Meanwhile, an extraordinary man could commit any crime, even the crime of murder, and walk away from it indifferent, apathetic, and without any sense of guilt.

Adding to that,  he has the right to commit any crime and to transgress the law in any way.

Rodion considers himself extraordinary.

"None, my characters are neither extraordinary nor ordinary"

"How?"

"I don't follow the ideology of ordinary and extraordinary, I believe in one thing"

Raskolnikov's expression changes, realizing what you are going to say.

"You did a crime, you get your punishment whether it is earthly or divine or even both" 

"I don't think you-" you cut him off.

"No one escapes their punishment no matter who they are, everyone has to pay their debt... " You lean to whisper the next words with a smile.

"... even extraordinary men like you,... Especially extraordinary men like you, Rodion"