𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Your stay with Count Vronsky surprised you, as he literally spoils you.

Ever since you used the same lie you used with Mr. Darcy, the one where you can't remember anything.

The man decided to take care of you.

He bought you many luxurious gifts and expensive dresses and jewellery.

Honestly...you love money and can't say no to money.

But what Vronsky enjoys doing is taking you on rides on his English thoroughbred horse, Frou-Frou.

Just like now.

You are riding in front of him on the horse as he holds the reins and leads the way.

The only reason why you are in such position is because the Count insisted to teach how to ride a horse correctly.

Also you kind of feel guilty, thinking you are stealing him from Anna Karenina.

To be honest, you wonder if Anna Karenina is also like Elizabeth Bennet, a man.

You are not blind to Vronsky's flirting attitude and hints of him finding you attractive.

One time, he told you that you would make a 'fine wife' when he saw you in the middle of the night in the kitchen, trying to cook a meal for yourself.

"Today's weather is good"

"Yes, I suppose so"

You nod, even though your skin is crawling with coldness.

"There is a ball which I wish for you to attend with me"

You gulp, having a flashback of when you want to the ball with Mr. Darcy and the argument that happened there.

"I don't think it is a good idea" you state.

"Why not?"

"Well, I don't think I will fit in" you explain.

Vronsky's eyes light up with an impish grin as he reassures you.

"Nonsense, my dear. You will be the belle of the ball."

"Hopefully not"

Despite his assurance, you can't shake off the uneasiness you feel in the pit of your stomach.

While the Count has been nothing but kind to you, your previous experiences with men have left you wary of their intentions.

Nevertheless, you find yourself drawn to Vronsky's charm, his captivating demeanor, and the way he lavishes you with attention.

As the ride comes to an end, you dismount Frou-Frou, feeling both exhilarated and uncertain about what lies ahead.

Despite your doubts, you realize that the Count has become an integral part of your life, and perhaps the ball might not be such a terrible idea after all.

For now, you simply revel in Vronsky's warm embrace, content to let the future unfold as it may.

You pray not to be met with Anna Karnina's wrath.

🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸

The days leading up to the ball are filled with a mix of anticipation and nerves.

Count Vronsky, ever the gentleman, ensures that every detail of your preparation is attended to.

As you arrive at the opulent venue, the sound of music fills the air, the grand ballroom a swirling sea of vibrant colors and elegant figures.

Vronsky takes your arm and guides you through the crowd, introducing you to an array of influential guests.

The whispers and curious glances that follow in your wake do little to repress the anxiety within you.

Meanwhile, Count Vronsky feels jealousy boil inside him at the stares of the male guests towards your body.

You should not be shown such disrespect.

"I apologize if this evening feels overwhelming," he whispers with his voice soft with sincerity.

"But I want you to know that being here with you brings me a joy that words cannot describe."

You bite your bottom lip, as your face heats up from how hard your heart is beating.

"What a lovely surprise to see you here, Vronsky"

You both turn around to face a very handsome man with curling dark hair and matching dark eyes.

He's tall and looks sharp with an aristocratic look about him.

"Same as you Andrei"

Hearing that unfamiliar name made you realise that this is Anna Karenina.

"Who is the beautiful lady?" Andrei inquires, his eyes meeting yours.

"This is my betrothed, Lady (Y/n)"