𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

"I cannot marry you"

"Understandable"

You stare in astonishment at Mr Darcy's reaction to you turning down his proposal,  thinking that he would be angry. 

"I cannot force you to marry me"

You nod your head slowly at him, waiting for him to resume.

"However, do you love another man?"

"No"

"Do you see me as an older sibling?"

"...No"

You immediately regret responding to the last question like that.

"I mean yes, I think of you as an older brother and nothing more, Mr. Darcy" you correct yourself quickly.

You love Mr Darcy, but after the last time at the ball, you would rather keep your relationship with him 'platonically'

Adding to that, he is the most normal man you have met up till now.

"I apologise for what happened last time, I did not mean to be so crude with my words"

"Apology accepted"

You two stay silent for a few minutes not knowing what else to say until he decided to break the silence.

"Are you not going to apologise for being hysterical last time, and running out of the ball in tears?" 

You stare at him in disbelief, wanting to choke him for his prideful attitude.

"Are you mad, you just apologised to me for making me cry"

You raise your voice in defence, using an accusing tone, yet, Mr. Darcy keeps calm.

"Yes, but you could have reacted better at the ball instead of ruining my family and your reputation with such childish behaviour"

"Childish behaviour? I'm not the one who started the drama, it was you"

Mr. Darcy relaxes back in his chair, crossing one leg over the other.

"You know, I thought you had run away"

"It is a complicated story I don't wish to discuss it" you affirm, playing with the sleeves of your sleep attire.

"You are finally awake!"

The voice of the younger sister of Mr. Darcy cuts off the conversation as the cheerful girl enters the room.

"Georgina" you greet her as she runs into your embrace, hugging you tightly while you do the same.

"I have been lonely without you"

"I have also missed you"

"Where have you been?" she whispers in your ear.

"I will tell you everything once we are alone, Gina"

👒👒👒

"So, you have met William Shakespeare in person? You are lucky!"

"You do not see me as a madwoman?"

You have told Georgina everything about what happened to you but left the part where you travel into books.

Only telling her that you time travel.

The blond-haired girl smiles and places her cup of tea away before taking hold of your hands.

"Your language and the way you act is very different to our time, and the first time I saw you, your clothes were strange"

"Oh, that makes sense, I guess" you mumble under you breath.

"My brother was not the only one who kept searching for you"

You raise an eyebrow at the news.

"Who else was searching for me?"

"Elliot Bennet"