/3/

''What colour are you wear at midsummers?'' I asked Sarah when we were dress shopping as she promised. ''I wear light blue'' - ''What kind of dress again?'' I let my hand trail against the materials of the different dresses in the store when i walked behind her. ''Just a midi dress. Wheezy is going to make our flower crown so she has to know what colour you are going to wear''

All the colour were scaring me. I was not a colorful person. 

''Hey Kie'' i greet my other friend who was also dress shopping, but with her mother. The look on her face tells me she did not like the dress she had on. ''Hi Tanny, what do think?'' - ''Nice dress, but not your colour girl'' i saved her as she wanted me to. I know her mother can be controlling. 

''See mom..'' Sarah and i walked further in the store, giggling at Kiara and her mom. 

''Oh my god, Tanny. This is the dress for you!'' Sarah yankes me to her, pressing a dress in my arms. I was happy she picked a black one. ''Go try on now'' almost pushing me in the dressingroom. It was a long dress, it almost touches the ground. But is was also a slim dress and i wasn't really a fan of clothes tight around my body. It also had really thin straps that were barely holding my boobs. 

''I'm not sure if i need to wear a bra underneath..'' i stepped out of the dressingroom to ask for Sarah opinion. She just gasped, not saying a thing. 

''Buy it Tanny, you look really good.'' Kiara told me, walking past us on her way to the cashier. 

''Constance Grey, you buy that dress right now or i will!'' People rarely use my full name, so i was shocked when Sarah did. I looked at myself in the mirror, admitting i looked good. 

''Okey, i will'' Sarah shrieks. ''You need heels though, the dress is long. It will suit your outfit even more'' I catch myself thinking i could just wear my vans. 

And so we walked in different stores to find good, beautiful and sexy heels, as Sarah says. I had just bought my whole outfit a day before midsummers.

The next day i find myself banging on the front door of the Camerons. I was supposed to meet Sarah here to dress up for the event. Through the glass i see Wheezy come to the door. I greeted her and walked to the stairs, going strait to Sarah's room. 

''Sarah are you here?'' - ''yea in the bathroom'' i hear her voice. I throw the bag with my clothes and sleepover stuff on her bed. 

''My outfit is so matching with Toppers! Look, he is also wearing light blue'' she comes out of the bathroom, showing me a picture that Toppers had send her of his outfit laying on his bed. ''Cute''

We dressed up in our dresses and fixing our hair and make-up. I did not wear as much as Sarah does, but a little more than i usually do can't hurt nobody. 

You want me to do your hair?'' Sarah asked me. ''I was planning on wearing it like i always do. My dress and shoes are the outfit this time'' i joked at her. Turning down her offer. ''Your right, you look great this way''

''Girls, are you ready?'' Ward Cameron stood in the doorway. ''Wheezy is riding with us, so you and Tanny are driving with Rafe'' he told us. ''See you at the party, you both look lovely'' 

''Thank you Ward'' i say softly. 

When we got downstairs to go to the car, Rafe was already waiting for us in the car. When he heard us coming he looked up. His face turned into a big smirk, i did not think my outfit trough...

''Another dress Tanny?'' he says over his shoulder form the drivers seat. ''Sarah made me buy it'' i used as excuse. ''Pardon me, you bought it yourself'' she roller her eyes at me from the passenger seat, knowing Rafe was going to flirt with me because of this dress. She did this on purpose, i thought for a second. 

The car came to a stop when we arrived at the midsummers party. I never went to this party so i was a little scared. I hoped Sarah was going to stay with me. Someone opens my door and handed me his hand to get out. With a kind glare i took Rafe's hand. I also hope his good side i going to be out tonight. Rafe is helping me out of the car like a real gentlemen. He even hands me my bag. I used one of Sarah, the black glimmer baguette bag as i call it. She laughed at me when i said this out loud. 

''You look gorgeous Constance'' Rafe said softly in my ear. ''You don't look bad yourself'' i compliment him back. A black shirt fitted his upper body, the upper three buttons loose. He was wearing a golden necklace, it suited him perfect. A dark grey khaki pant and black glimmer patent leather shoes finish his look perfectly. His hair is a little bit messy around his head, but it still looked good. 

Why do I suddenly think he's perfect? And why does he uses my real name?

He lets go of my hand while he closes the car. The three of us walking to the entrance of the party. Suddenly i feel a little panic rush over me. There where a lot of people, rich people, old people, judgmental people... ''Are you oke Tanny?'' Sarah turns around to face me. ''Yeah, just a little nervous'' 

We enter the party, a little live band is playing some cute songs and there is a barbecue stall. Sarah and i decide to eat something first, Rafe going to his own friends. We take some chicken wings and go to find a place to sit. Everyone was enyoing the party, people were dancing, talking and drinking. This wasn't as bad as i thought is was. 

''Rafe is staring at you, he did since we walked to the car'' Sarah said while eating the chicken. ''Really?'' i turn my head around, trying to find Rafe. He was standing with Topper and Kelce on the other side of the party. The sun was going into the golden hour, making his skin a little orange. He was indeed staring at me when our eyes meet. 

''I think he has a thing for you'' I take a bite of the chicken wing after shaking my head. ''I don't think so'' i said softly, the chicken was really good. But i needed to eat with care, not wanting to mess up my dress. It was expensive... ''I know so, i never saw him like this before. I mean, he had girls over but never acting this way towards them'' she talks. When i looked over my shoulder again Rafe was still looking at me, winking this time. 

After we talked for a little we decide to go get a drink and head over to the dancefloor. ''It's to bad we can't drink in public yet'' we laugh. As always i took an ice tea and Sarah got a sprite. In the meantime de band was playing more upbeat songs so we could actually dance, instead of sipping on drinks and stepping from leg to leg. Not that i can do better than dancing like that though. 

''Hey Tanny, can i have this dance from you, again?'' Rafe chuckled behind me. He hold out his hand, waiting for me to take it. Sarah gives me a look, as if she was saying that i have to take it.

''Sure'' i take his hand and he leads me to the dancefloor. Just holding my hand we danced and jumped a little to the music. Our friends joining us. He strangles our fingers together pulling me a little closer to him, stil dancing as we did. ''Tanny, i know i already said it but i just can't ignore my thoughts. You look really beautiful. I mean...'' with his other hand he wipes over the corner of his mouth. ''You always look good, you know. But this dress makes you so damn hot'' My cheeks flush red instantly. Just when i was about to respond so him Kelce broke our moment.

''God Rafe, can you keep that for yourself once. You've been saying that the whole evening man'' rolling his eyes at Rafe. But he get pushed away by him. ''Fuck off Kelce'' 

''But yeah, i can't really help myself though'' he admits to me. ''I'll take that a s a compliment, i guess'' i say, almost whispering because of my insecurities. ''You should'' He smiles at me. ''Don't hide yourself so much, you are amazing'' My cheeks turn red again. The back of his hand is stroking them. ''And cute and hot. Just like i said'' His face was suddenly close. I was scared he was going to kiss me. 

Maybe i wanted to be kissed by him, but not now. Not so soon after flirting, not in this crowd of people. I didn't want to feel like a hook up for him, i don't wanna be that kind of girl. I know he had hook ups all the time after party's, just having a good night and nothing more. 

''Sarah, wanna go get a drink?'' i said a little panicked. ''Uh sure'' I make myself unconnected from Rafe's hands and walk with Sarah to the bar. When i looked back over my shoulder i see Rafe standing with his hands in his pockets and a big grin on his face. 

I knew this wasn't over. But i did not knew what i was getting myself into.