O N E

"Daddy.."

"Daddy, come back.."

"Daddy, you can't leave us.."

A little boy is crying while being held by his mother, who is trying to hold back her tears.

They are looked at with pity by the nurses in the hospital.

"Mommy, Daddy has to stay with us. You must tell him not to leave us."

The little boy begs his mother as he looks at her with teary eyes.

"I'm so sorry honey, but I can't. I wish I could."  The woman says to her son.

The boy begins to cry louder.

This time the woman also starts to cry.

The whole time she tried to keep strong for Gulf, her son. But now that she sees him crying like this, she can no longer hold back her tears.

The nurse then walks over to them. She tells the woman that unfortunately they have to leave the room now.

The woman nods sadly and takes another look at her husband's lifeless body lying on the bed.

"I will take good care of our son, my dear." The woman says.

"Even if that's the last thing I do. I'll make sure nothing happens to our son." The woman has a lump in her throat when she says that.

Then she starts walking towards the door.

Gulf suddenly jumps out of her arms and runs back to the bed.

"No mom, I'm not leaving here."

"I'm not leaving Dad here alone."

Gulf starts screaming.

The woman calmly walks up to Gulf.

She tries to lift him up, but Gulf jumps aside.

"I won't leave dad alone, he can't be alone."

"I want to stay with him, I want to go to him."

Gulf screams.

The woman closes her eyes briefly before opening them again.

Tears roll down her cheeks.

"Honey, we have to go. We can't stay here anymore."

The woman tries to calm Gulf down.

But it does not work.

Gulf moves closer to the bed.

The woman sighs and walks over to him.

"I'm sorry honey, but we really have to go."

The woman lifts Gulf into her arms.

She starts walking towards the exit of the room.

"NO, DADDY, NO."

"LET ME GO, MOM."

"I DON'T WANT TO GO."

Gulf screeches.

The woman ignores him and leaves the room.

"DADDY, NOOOOO."

Gulf wakes up with a start and immediately sits up in bed. Tears stream down his cheeks as he gasps.

Gulf was five years old when he lost his father.

He still remembers the moment very well, when the cops showed up at their door with the news that his father died in a car accident.

He remembers very well how he went to the hospital with his mother to identify his father's body.

He remembers very well how he reacted to that. And how hard it must have been for his mother when he was so inconsolable.

Gulf runs his hands through his hair, then roughly wipes away his tears.

Since then he keeps seeing those images in his dreams.

Gulf looks back when he hears his room door open. His mother is standing in the doorway. She looks at him concerned.

"Are you OK? Was it the same dream again?" She asks and walks over to him. Gulf nods.

His mother sighs and pulls Gulf close to her.

"If only there was a way I could take over for you."  She says.

"No mom, you shouldn't."  Gulf says.

"Honey, you've had those dreams for twenty years now.

I see how you suffer.

I can't watch my child get devastated by these dreams that won't go away."  She says.

"You are my Everything.

And I promised your father that I will always protect you from anything.

So I have to protect you from this too."  She says.

Gulf hugs his mother.

"I love you mom."

"And I love you, baby."

"I will always do that."  She kisses Gulf's forehead.

Okay guys honestly, on a scale of one to ten, how emotional is this first chapter? I actually got goosebumps when I wrote this chapter. Anyway, let me know what you think of this chapter.

P.S It feels so good to be back on this account.

P.P.S Thanks for the birthday wishes. You make me feel so loved. Thank you guys, I really appreciate it ❤️ I'm having a great day so far.