T H R E E

Gulf is at the mall with Mild. Joey is not there because he had to work.

"So you seriously talked to Mew?" Mild asks. They are currently having a drink in a cafe.

Gulf nods.

"And he said your name without seeing your name tag and without you having to tell him?" Mild asks.

Gulf nods again.

Mild grins.

"Dude, I'm so happy for you." Mild says.

Gulf frowns.

"For what? It's not like Mew and I are dating right now." Gulf says.

"Not yet, but he knows you so who knows, it might happen soon. At least he still sees you." Mild says.

"So? Maybe this is just a one-off or he just wants to be friends." Gulf says.

"But he said, see you in college, right?" Mild asks.

Gulf nods.

"That means he wants to see you more often." Mild says. Gulf rolls his eyes.

"You shouldn't think like that, Mild. Of course Mew will see me again at the university because our buildings are close to each other." Gulf says.

"And yet I think Mew wants to see you more often." Mild says.

"Whatever, you think what you want. I know it isn't." Gulf says. Mild chuckles.

Then Gulf receives a message from his mother asking if he can come home because she wants to tell him something. Gulf texts her back and gives Mild a look.

"Is something wrong?" Mild asks as he puts his glass on the table.

"My mother asks if I can come home, she has something important to tell me." Gulf says.

Mild frowns.

"Something important to say? What is it?" Mild asks.

Gulf shrugs.

"I don't know, but I'll call you tonight and tell you." Gulf says. Mild nods.

"Shall I pay for us?" Gulf asks. Mild shake his head.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of that." Mild says.

Gulf smiles.

"Thank you, I'll talk to you tonight." He says.

"Good luck." Mild says.

Gulf thanks him and then leaves.

*Once at home*

Gulf walks into the apartment and closes the door. He takes off his shoes and hangs up his coat, then walks into the living room. His mother is sitting at the dining table.

"Hey honey, come sit down." His mother says.

Gulf looks serious.

"Don't worry, honey. It's not something very serious." His mother immediately reassures him when she sees him looking so serious.

Gulf sits down across from her.

"What's going on, mom?" Gulf asks.

"There's something I need to tell you, and I probably should have told you a little bit sooner." His mother says.

Gulf frowns.

"Honey, I hope you don't get mad at me if I tell you." His mother says.

"Why would I get angry?" Gulf asks.

"Because I've been hiding it from you for a long time now." His mother says.

"Just tell me what's going on." Gulf says.

His mother takes a deep breath.

"I'm dating someone." She says.

Gulf smiles.

"But isn't that nice?" Gulf asks.

"We've been dating for almost a year." His mother says.

Gulf's smile fades.

"Almost a year?" Gulf asks.

His mother nods.

"Why are you only telling me now?" Gulf asks surprised.

"I didn't expect things to go so well between the man and I." His mother says.

Gulf is silent for a moment.

Then he smiles.

"I'm happy for you mom, I'm really happy for you. If there's anyone who deserves this, it's you." Gulf says. He hugs her.

"But this is not all I want to tell you." His mother says.

Gulf pulls out of the hug.

"What do you mean? What else do you want to tell?" Gulf asks.

"He has asked me to move in with him along with you." His mother says.

Gulf's eyes widen.

"He asked what now?" Gulf says.

"He asked me to move in with him and I said yes." His mother says.

"But you've only been together for almost a year. Isn't this going way too fast?" Gulf asks.

"It feels so good between us Gulf. And besides, he also has a son. Maybe you get along really well with his son." His mother says.

Gulf sigh.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you this sooner, Gulf. I should have, especially since we'll be moving in with him by the end of the week." His mother says.

"What? End of the week already?" Gulf asks, he is completely in shock.

"Mom, why didn't you tell me before? Now I can't even properly prepare for it." Gulf says.

He stands up.

"Where are you going?" His mother asks.

"Just going outside. I need to be alone for a while, I need some fresh air and I need to think." Gulf says before walking to the hallway to put on his coat and shoes and leave the apartment.

Probably next chapter or the one after that Gulf is going to see who his future stepbrother is. You guys better be ready ;)