F O U R

Gulf sits in the park staring at the water. He shakes his head as he recalls the conversation with his mother.

He just doesn't understand why she hasn't said anything before.

And why she didn't introduce that man to him. Gulf is now going to live in a house with someone he's never seen before.

That's not a nice feeling. Who knows what kind of man he is, maybe he is a murderer.

Gulf is so wrapped up in his thoughts that he doesn't notice anyone sitting next to him.

Only when a hand is placed on his knee, Gulf looks next to him.

"Mild? What are you doing here?" Gulf asks surprised.

"I was hanging out with Joey and his girlfriend, although now they've abandoned me because apparently they've gone the other way." Mild says, he pouts.

Gulf chuckles.

"What about you? What are you doing here?" Mild asks. Gulf shrugs.

"Nothing, just relax and stare at the water." He's lying.

Mild frowns.

"You know you don't have to lie to me, right? You know I can tell when you're lying." Mild says.

Gulf lets out a sigh.

"Tell me, I can see something's bothering you, so tell me." Mild says.

"My mom has been dating someone for almost a year." Gulf says.

"What is wrong with that? You always said you'd be happy if your mother found love again, didn't you?" Mild asks.

Gulf nods.

"That's right, but she just told me today that she's dating someone." Gulf says. Mild frowns.

"Why did she wait so long to tell you?" He asks.

Gulf shrugs.

"But there's more." Gulf says.

"What is it?" Mild asks.

"That man asked my mother if we wanted to move in with him and she said yes." Gulf says.

"So now we're going to move in with that man on Friday." Mild's eyes widen.

"You're going to live with someone you don't even know and whom you've never met?" He asks. Gulf nods.

"Yeah, weird right?" Gulf says. Mild nods.

"So you and your mother are going to live with a man you don't know, but she has been dating for almost a year? Wow, that's crazy." Mild says.

"Oh and his son not to forget. The man also has a son." Gulf says.

"Maybe they are killers." Mild jokes.

Gulf laughs and shakes his head.

"No but seriously Gulf, what are you going to do?" Mild asks.

Gulf shrugs.

"I will go with my mother and live with that man. I mean, I can live on my own but with the money I make at my weekend job, I'm just not going to make it. Now we pay the rent together but I couldn't do it alone." Gulf says.

Mild nods.

"But you'll keep coming to college, won't you? Or are you going to quit and go to another college?" Mild asks.

"I don't know where that man lives, but I will do my best to come to college." Gulf says. Mild nods.

Gulf looks at the time on his phone, then stands up.

"I'm going back home." He says.

Mild nods.

"Mild, thank you for listening to me. You are a good friend." Gulf says.

Mild smiles and stands up.

"I'll always be here for you, Gulfie. Always." Mild hugs him.

Gulf smiles.

"Oh and Gulf." Mild suddenly says when Gulf wants to leave. Gulf stops walking and turns to Mild.

"You can do it. I know it scares you because you don't know that man and his son, but I'm sure you'll be fine." Mild says.

"If not, you can always come to me. My door is always open for you." He says.

Gulf smiles.

"You are the best Mild. I mean it." Gulf says. Mild smiles.

"Good luck Gulf, and let me know how the first meeting went." He says.

Gulf nods and then walks away.

Hey everyone, sorry if this chapter is a bit boring. Next chapter, Gulf will know who he's going to live with. Anyway, the friendship between Gulf and Mild is so cute.

Do you also want a chapter with (Gulf) Mild and Lhong soon?

Sorry if the chapter is also a bit shorter than the other chapters. I have pain in my shoulder so everything I do just hurts my shoulder.

Anyway, thank you for reading and supporting my book. I really appreciate it.

Much love, your author.