two » calum and i love you's

I LITERALLY THOUGHT NOBODY HAD INTEREST IN THIS STORY AND BEGAN TO SECOND GUESS MY DECISION IN COMING BACK TO WATTPAD BUT THEN I JUST LOGGED ON AND FOUND MUCH MUCH LOVE FROM YOU ALL AND IM DOING WHAT I CAN TO MAKE IT UP TO YOU GUYS

if you're reading this, [its too late] thanks so much for even taking the time. and if you've been waiting for this update and are here now thanks so much for holding on.

love love love !! x

-

[cara]

"It's literally like 11 am, you bum, you need to get up. You are not a bear, and it is not winter, therefore, you cannot be in hibernation."

I grunted into my pillow, shoving my hand under it to find the soothing cool spot below. I peeked one eye open slightly to find that it was indeed morning, hence the few rays of sun shining through the glass of my window. Damn it. "5 more minutes."

"Uh uh, hell no.." Emma clicked her tongue, dragging the covers off of my bottom half and yanking the blinds up, sending endless rays of bright as hell sunlight into my room, making me hiss. This was one of the moments where I felt like slitting a throat open. "Get up, wash yourself, and change. Day 1, Elena Morales."

I rolled my eyes and sat up, running my hands down the length of my face. I'd forgotten all about my agreement to the damn project. "Explain to me why the hell I even have to be up right now- it's Saturday and it's summer."

"Correct, it is Saturday. Also known as the day Calum comes back from tour. Also known as the day where you're supposed to hop into your car and pick him up from the airport, and then go on your little date."

I let my jaw fall open and slack, staring at her blankly. "Date?! I didn't sign up for a date! I signed up for pretending to be Elena until someone grew some balls and went out to actually do something about finding her!"

"Living the life of Elena means to do everything she does, Cara. Including quote, dating Calum, and quote on quote, going on dates with Calum.• Emma sighed, rubbing her temple impatiently.

I blinked furiously. The last time I'd seen Calum, he'd barely even hit puberty and was tripping over his own feet every two minutes. Now, he was a piece of attractive as hell, tanned-skinned, fluffy black hair with blonde highlights famous human being and after 6 months of touring, he probably doesn't even remember Elena had a twin- which is what sucks. I'd say we were really close when we were around 13 until his band started to blow up and lose more and more of his time. I'm assuming he realized that Elena was the better Morales- somehow prettier even though we were twins, had more talented, had more friends- why stick around the stray one?

It was a gut wrenching feeling, to be honest. I don't really know what I have that people find so unattractive; unattractive enough to pay no attention to me whatsoever, because I obviously don't have ebola or herpes or something. I've grown used to walking through the halls of school every day with Elena standing beside me and having tons of people just run up to the Morales in the high heels and peplum blouse (which most certainly wasn't me). A part of me silently wished that there was at least one person there wanting to talk to me and not Elena, but the hope is pretty much dead, lost. It's been sitting within me for years and years and it's been let down every time. I feel pretty bad for it. For myself.

And that isn't even the worst part. I try, I do. I've tried joining sports teams and stuff like yearbook and yoga club, and I'm still neglected, still disregarded and still walk home feeling like the shitty daughter in the family who can although pass her SAT's and physics tests, fails at everything else. I try my hardest and I'm still worth nothing.