five » apologies and reputations

a/n- this update is two damn weeks late and im soso sorry i get worse and worse with my updates but it hasn't been the best couple weeks lately, not gonna lie. however im doing better and im in a writing kind of mood, so here yo guys go! again, super sorry about it being hella late, im trying i swear :)

aaaaggghhh this was pretty horrible and was more of a filler chapter, but im happy that after two agonizing as hell weeks I've finally gotten something up for you guys.

x,

bri.

-

[cara]

If I were overdramatic, I'd say that standing there at the front door, Heather was looking at me like I had ran her damn puppy over with a truck.

Heather was looking at me like I had ran her damn puppy over with a truck.

"You two know each other?" Mali hummed questioningly, walking into the living room and placing a couple plastic bags down on the coffee table. Emma followed and threw a couple of small bags onto the floor and fell back onto the couch dramatically, her hand flying over her face to cover her forehead as if it were sweating (it wasn't).

"Um, she's an old friend of my sister's." I cleared my throat, keeping my eyes on Heather as she followed Emma and Mali's leads, walking into the apartment and taking a seat next to Emma. What the hell was she doing here? She smiled, almost sarcastically at me. "Old friend."

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. Damn.

"Okay, are we ready to start?" Mali breathed out and turned around, clapping her hands together, already sounding exhausted.

I frowned and looked back and forth between Malikoa and Calum, who looked just about as lost as me. "Wait hold on, where's the wedding planner?"

"Right here?" Heather rose her hand slowly. I allowed my lips to part in shock.

"But you're fresh out of high school!"

"Her Mum owns a wedding planning company and she's been helping out since it started like, what, three years ago?" Mali turned to Heather for reassurance. Heather nodded.

"I've been doing basic things like taking notes or whatever and then handing them to my Mom." Heather explained, arching an eyebrow at me, almost challengingly. Almost in an and-what-the-hell-have-you-done-with-your-life-so-far kind of way. It pissed me off, not gonna lie.

To my right side, Emma snickered. "You used to work at Chick-fil-A right?"

My eyes widened in surprise at the sudden degrading comment and I turned to narrow my eyes at her. Not today.

"Stop talking, or I will barbecue your organs," I seethed at her through gritted teeth. I watched her struggle to stifle a laugh and rolled my eyes. Of all the people who adored my sister, Elena had to choose Emma as her best friend.

"Damn it," Heather sighed, and I turned to look back at her rummaging through one of her millions of bags spread out all over Mali's living room floor. "I think we left the big package of giveaway samples in my trunk. Emma, weren't you holding it?"

"Um, pretty sure I wasn't?" Emma chuckled once, before pulling her phone out and unlocking it and opening her Instagram app.

"You were," Heather insisted, her arms suddenly crossing over her chest.

Emma's eyebrows suddenly shot up, and she peered at Heather from over her phone screen, her tongue poking into her cheek. Oh hell no.

"Would you like for me to get the doorman downstairs to show you security camera clips from the parking lot where you parked your little Volvo because I can assure you now that-"