six » cara's case and elena's car

a/n- hey jubbas! not gonna lie, i'm kind of excited to be putting this chapter out!! just a brief kind of summary, you learn a bit more about cara, you see a little more of cara and emma's friendship, and you learn a little something more about elena's case (kind of more so a clue to be honest). aND LOOK AT ME UPDATING AFTER TWO DAYS, WHAT?

the ending to this kind of sucks, but i honestly did not know how to end this in an interesting way and im currently rushing because i have somewhere at four and its 3:30 and i've gotta shower and DAMN IT.

alriiiight, enjoy, and make sure to leave a comment because i really do love reading what you guys have to say!

x,

bri.

-

[ cara ]

Hurry, you don't have all day.

I quickened the speed of my fingers on the keyboard as I attempted to browse through my Dad's computer once again. How else would he track Elena's car? Where else would he have a tracking system installed? I mean, it had to be his laptop, right?

My breath hitched as the mouse ran across a circular green app, with not much of a design on it, to be honest. It was one of the last few apps that I hadn't checked, so of course I had to click on it. I was almost immediately met with the image of a lock, and was asked to punch in a passcode. I rolled my eyes, typing in Elena and I's birthday. The screen unlocked and I almost laughed. My Dad was too easy.

As a few more seconds began to flew by, I'd started to realize that this was it. This was the app that my Dad used to track the two of us down, and had failed to use to find my sister. To be completely honest, I didn't even know why I was sitting here trying anyway. If a professional security team and the FBI had failed to track Elena's car down using this system, God only knows what made me think I'd have a chance. I moved the mouse over to a tab that opened up to have IP tracker addresses tracking down both mine, and Elena's car. I bit the corner of my lip and quickly tapped on Elena's IP address and then cursed to myself when the computer failed to locate it. What the hell was going on?

"El, we're going!" I groaned to myself quietly at the sound of Calum's voice in the kitchen.

"Just a minute!" I called back, slamming the lid of the laptop closed out of frustration. I was beginning to get anxious and desperate.

I stood up and paced the tiled flooring of Dad's office. The app had never failed to locate either one of cars before, ever. He'd been able to find me when my car broke down in the middle of a fricking prairie (I'm not the best at re-filling my gas), and when Elena had taken a wrong turn on the highway and ended up in the middle of San Diego. What could've caused it to flop now?

What if the tracker on her car was the only connection they had to Elena right now? What if they were running out of ideas on how to find her? Would they just give the case up? Would they be forced to leak it out to the public, say she was missing?

I brought my index finger up to my lips and began to gnaw on my fingertip, my heart starting to race. My head started to lightly spin and I quickly took a seat in one of the chairs infant of Dad's desk, my head falling into m hands. It happened quite often, to be honest. Since I was fifteen. I worried a lot. And sometimes it would lead to little episodes like this - my heart starting to race, my mind blanking out, I started feeling dizzy and I had trouble breathing, like my lungs were shrinking in size by the second - but I never took it seriously. I'd never told anyone. It was normal to feel like this, right? Especially when feeling worried?

I breathed in and out deeply, tilting my head back and concentrating solely on my breathing, even when the door swung open.

"Cara, for the love of all things holy we have to leave now or we're gonna get stuck in- what's wrong?"