Chapter Ten: Finale

YOU CAN'T RUN

If I thought it was over then I was for sure wrong...

Y/N walked through the grocery store putting items in her cart. She didn't look the same as she used to. She hummed along to the music in the store looking at the choices of ice cream. She grabbed the chocolate ice cream closing the door. Cench stood behind her, his expression making her jump. 

She turned around dropping the ice cream. He stood in front of her smiling. "Hi, darlin'. Thought you could run from me?"

She screamed as his hand came up grabbing her neck. He pushed her against the coolers making her gasp for air. 

Y/N woke up from her dream screaming. She was drenched in a cold sweat heaving. She rubbed her eyes looking at the clock. It was three in the afternoon. Her blackout curtains blocked the sun from coming in.

"Fuck, I'm late."

Y/N treaded into the diner feeling somewhat refreshed. Andres sat in a booth towards the back of the diner. Patrons ignored her presence and for once she felt normal. Y/N slid into a booth in front of him.

"You alright?" He asked sensing her tension.

"I'm okay." Her hands shook as she picked up a menu scanning it.

He eyed her suspiciously. She looked different. Her natural hair was no longer showing. She wore a sew-in with a bang in front. The style had completely changed her face. Y/N had since gotten multiple tattoos hiding her actual skin beneath. Her nose piercing only added to her 'alternative' look.

"Still getting nightmares?" He asked placing a hand over hers.

She nodded moving her hand away, "It's been three years and I can't even sleep at night."

"You do know he's locked up right? He won't ever be coming out."

Y/N rolled her eyes, "So then why am I still here?"

Andres went quiet. Y/N tilted her head, "Exactly."

The two had been seeing each other once a month since Y/N testified. She can still hear him yelling at her when the judge sentenced him to life in prison. Her testimony on top of the RICO charges was enough.

"I didn't mean to upset you." He told her softly.

"I know that. I'm on edge all the fucking time. Can I see him?" She asked causing him to squirm in his seat. 

"I don't know about that."

"Find a way."

A few days later Y/N walked through the gates of the high-security prison. Her bangs blew as the wind rushed against her face. She pulled her coat closer to her body. He was waiting for her in a visiting room. 

His hands were chained to the table. Guards stood in the background observing. Y/N sat down in front of him. His curly hair was longer than before. He smiled at her gripping the cold metal on his wrists.

"Hi, Oakley." She whispered.

He recognized her immediately, "They told me I had a visitor but I wasn't expecting this."

"They told me you're taking meds now. I truly hope you're getting better." She continued ignoring the twinkle in his eyes.

His laughter filled the room echoing off the walls, "What makes you think I'm getting better?"

Y/N leaned back in her seat, "I guess I'm talking to Cench right now."

His face dropped making her heart rate increase, "What do you want, Y/N?"

She shook her head, "You know you still haunt my dreams after all these years. You're not even scary in real life."

He showcased his perfect row of teeth, "When I get out of here, I'm gonna find you."

Y/N felt the power slipping from her fingers, "Okay."

"You think just because you changed your hair color, straightened it, and got a few tattoos I won't be able to?"

"Have a nice life in here."

She stood up from her chair signaling the guard to open the door for her. His laughter shook the room again. She turned back to see him one last time. He was already looking at her, "I'll see you soon love."

Y/N walked back down the hall more afraid than she originally was. If anything she'd have to keep running because she truly believed he wouldn't be staying in that prison for long. 

THE END

Authors Note:

Y'all not finna like this ending fr

Vote and comment